Breaking down top sirloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otis,
    The coulette steaks are awesome. Much cheaper than the ribeye/strip/fillet and has as least as much flavor. Here is a package of them from Costco. They had a package of choice that had almost as much marbling as these but were a few dollars per pound cheaper, so I went that route.

Comment

JW,
      Shamefully, I did not do as you recommended. I did not think of it at the time. I will have to do this with the next hunk of beef I play with. I do like that idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
        Otis,
        The coulette steaks are awesome. Much cheaper than the ribeye/strip/fillet and has as least as much flavor. Here is a package of them from Costco. They had a package of choice that had almost as much marbling as these but were a few dollars per pound cheaper, so I went that route.

Thanks AJ.
        Good to know I may be able to get them at Costco too. We have a plan to visit a local butcher shop today (Butcher Bob's in Surprise Az) to see if we can get one for a Labor Day cook this weekend. I recently heard about them on a Youtube channel, Sous Vide Everything done by 3 goofy Brazilians. They call it Picanha and did it as a whole SV with the fat cap on, cut it into steaks and torch seared after. Peaked my interest. for a great explanation and pics
        Mike
        Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
        POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
        Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

That's some fine cutting you did there.
          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
          Yoder Wichita
          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellers. I have gotten so much from this board I am happy to give a little back.

Comment

Working...
            X