had a beef roast. Jab on board.1st test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had a beef roast. Jab on board.1st test

Had a #3 roast, had some string tied around it. rump it was.

opened package put on tray and sprinkled JAB all over the meat. it was white in the package when it hit the meat it changed color nice brown it changed to. and it smelled great.

wrapped twice with plastic wrap. put in ice bx for two days.

got hooters set up for an indirect cook. meat in center and coals on both sides.

meat had been out for several hours coming to room temp. had a nice fat cap on one side which went down on the grates.

when the coals were ready I unwrapped the meat [rich said add a little more JAB before it goes on.HMM! I thought have enough but went with layering. My daughter in culinary class in 8th grade made a special super secret sprinkle for all meats we love it here at the den. so I used the ss sprinkler to coat the beef again then on she went, rotating every 3o minutes.

she chugged along with temps up to 310. holding strong in that range. when she hit 130 off she came and rested 1/2 an hour. then sliced we had hard bread standing by for SOP. which we scarfed right up.

we love the stuff easy to use. and very tasty. we gave it two paws up.

great job Mad Hunky. and Rich
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

JAB is goood stuff! Don't stop at beef... use it on pork, lamb, veggies... I put some on chicken last nite... real good!

Might wanna change the name Rich... Just Add Food...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sounds great,,,, will have to get me some of that there JAB

DS
      Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
      1930 Fridge Build
      MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
      Therma Pen
      Maverick 732
      Mini Therma Pen
      Frog Mats
      Weber Junior
      AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

It does have a very tasty flavor profile for sure. I'd probably change the name too. "Just Add Beef "doesn't give it nearly the credibility it deserves.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
          Had a #3 roast, had some string tied around it. rump it was.

opened package put on tray and sprinkled JAB all over the meat. it was white in the package when it hit the meat it changed color nice brown it changed to. and it smelled great.

wrapped twice with plastic wrap. put in ice bx for two days.

got hooters set up for an indirect cook. meat in center and coals on both sides.

meat had been out for several hours coming to room temp. had a nice fat cap on one side which went down on the grates.

when the coals were ready I unwrapped the meat [rich said add a little more JAB before it goes on.HMM! I thought have enough but went with layering. My daughter in culinary class in 8th grade made a special super secret sprinkle for all meats we love it here at the den. so I used the ss sprinkler to coat the beef again then on she went, rotating every 3o minutes.

she chugged along with temps up to 310. holding strong in that range. when she hit 130 off she came and rested 1/2 an hour. then sliced we had hard bread standing by for SOP. which we scarfed right up.

we love the stuff easy to use. and very tasty. we gave it two paws up.

great job Mad Hunky. and Rich
          Great write up
          You gotta have some youngin' around that can help you post pics though

Points any how
          Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

THank you sir..and I am pleased you were pleased Keep that kiddo kooking! :{)
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              THank you sir..and I am pleased you were pleased Keep that kiddo kooking! :{)
              Amen to that!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
              X