Brisket dippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisket dippers

One of the guys on my crew found a BBQ truck that moves around the Sanford area here in central MI. He told me about these things he sells called dippers. They're hunks of brisket wrapped in an egg roll and deep fried. He brought some back a couple weeks ago for us to try and they were pretty good but I knew I could do better.

So here I am with my version. Here's everything you need. Egg roll wraps, brisket, and some pepper jack and cheddar cheese to try in a few.

Quick pic of the brisket that was cooked on Saturday for this. It turned out great. Just salt, pepper, JAB and lots of smoke.

The process is pretty simple albeit a bit time consuming. Just place some brisket on the wrap and wrap as tightly as possible. I used a little milk to seal the edges as best I could to keep them from getting soggy and soaked from oil. No pics of the actual rolling process as I seemed to need 4 hands to roll them and had only 2 leaving none to take pics with. It was my first time rolling egg rolls.

Once they were rolled they went into the 350 deg vegetable oil for a few minutes each side until golden brown.

Ended up doing 4 each of plain brisket, pepper jack and cheddar.

And because I like my guys I took some burnt ends in to them to go with the dippers. Add to that some home made BBQ sauce for dipping and it's a party in your mouth.

And the dogs love me too for letting them do the clean up work.

They were a huge hit and the guys all loved them. They're a bit time consuming to make but well worth the time.

Thanks for looking.
    Bored Guy Blog

Kinda look like fried spring rolls, might be aight! Worth a trysee!
    Nice doins!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I bet it tastes as good as it looks.
      Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

You know those are awesome!! Did you have a creamy horsy sauce to dip in by chance??
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
          You know those are awesome!! Did you have a creamy horsy sauce to dip in by chance??
          I didn't. I was going to but 100% of respondents to my inquiry said BBQ sauce so that's what I provided.

And thanks all for the points.
          Bored Guy Blog

Comment

You have a lot more patience than me, but I'm working on that.

Great job Sir.

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
              You have a lot more patience than me, but I'm working on that.

Great job Sir.

Trust me, they're worth it.
              Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Well hell...I got points for the inspire...

I'm not much on egg rolls but this idea lends itself to endless interpretations...
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

I think I could eat 2 or 16 of those

sigpic

Comment

Very nice Jailer! Those looks mighty tasty! for all your time into those
                    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Whew!!! That's a relief... Read the title of the thread & thought to myself, "What's a Brisket Diaper?"...
                      I can imagine how good those things tasted...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                      Paul

Comment

Interesting... I bet some pulled chuckie would be similar..and maybe easier to roll?
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Now there's sumpthin I would not have thought of...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                            Interesting... I bet some pulled chuckie would be similar..and maybe easier to roll?
                            I bet it would be similar. I found after working through them that a single thick slice of flat sliced down the middle and cut to length made a nice square solid piece that was MUCH easier to roll than the chopped pieces I started with.
                            Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              Got me to thinkin'...pulled pork wood work also...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X