Tell me your ultimate burger patty recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 206 View Post
    I always laugh at adding short ribs to the burger. Don't those expensive bone chips hurt your teeth? Is the gristle used for floss?
    Must not have a doggie!

Comment

First and foremost nothing but meat.

Chuck is a standard but short rib and brisket are excellent add ins.

A brisket and short rib mix will make a darn good burger if you want to splurge

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Squirrel...you prolly won’t see her here any more..sigh... is a high end cater lady. She grinds short rib/beef plate...

Welcome to Smoked Meat!
        Yeah. Sad. Very sad. Miss her lots...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Made some 50/50 burgers a while back, fresh ground chuck and thick sliced bacon passed through the grinder. I did more like 75/25 beef and bacon and a light dusting of seasoning. Them sob's popped with that bacon up in there. Tommorrow going to try some umami burgers following this recipe.
          2 lbs Ground Beef
          1 1/2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (for more daring, savory depth, use 2 tablespoons)
          2 cloves Garlic, crushed or fine mince
          1 teaspoon Sugar
          1/2 teaspoon fresh ground Black Pepper
          Can't wait to try that chit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I really liked a mixture of chuck, sirloin, short ribs, and bacon ends, to make my burgers. I just finished my last package so it is time to make some more for sure. It's only 100 days until my elk hunt so I have to make room in the freezer.

Comment

A friend gave me some ground beefalo he butchered. Looks like it is burgers for the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                I really liked a mixture of chuck, sirloin, short ribs, and bacon ends, to make my burgers. I just finished my last package so it is time to make some more for sure. It's only 100 days until my elk hunt so I have to make room in the freezer.

You can always store some Elk in my Freezer!!

Just Sayin',

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Tell me your ultimate burger patty recipe

Hello All,

My first post here. But I wanted to share with you my burger recipe.

I buy ground beef from the store either by the log, or pre-made patties. If I buy the log, I put a few pounds in a bowl, and sprinkle my seasoning all over it. Then churn it up real good and do it again. If I buy the pre-made ones, I just put the seasoning all over the top and bottom of the patties.

I start up my smoker and bring it up to about 250-275 with plain kingsford charcoal. Once up to temp, then I add my water bowl and fill it up with plain drinking water. My bowl is directly over the coals so I maintain a rolling boil at all times. This is critical to keep the burgers from drying out. Trust me. I learned this the hard way.

Before I tell you that I cook them until they are well done, keep in mind that you don't usually want a smoked burger anything less than well done. I promise you it is worth it. Take your burgers up to an internal temp of about 170-180 at most but do it slowly. Mine take about about 90-120 minutes usually unless my temp drops below 250. Then I find myself cranking it up at the end to bring them to temp.

To add the flavor of choice, I use the kind of wood I prefer. In my case, I use post oak. It's super clean, and has a weaker smoky flavor and not an overpowering one. I put the wood on, dry, right when I add the burgers.

Don't use wet wood. It just smolders and makes for a less than ideal flavor.

When the burgers reach 170-180F, and you cut into them, there should be absolutely no blood left in them. But they will ooze super flavorful clear juices. And you will have a nice smoke ring. On thinner burgers, you will have a smoke ring on top and bottom that may touch. On thicker burgers, you will have a well done, grey looking center. This is perfectly normal.

Once the temp is reached, I like to drop a slice of my preferred cheese on my burger and let it melt on the pit.

Once removed, I do not let mine sit long on purpose. I will eat it as fast as I can make a burger. The water bowl makes them so juicy it's unreal. The smoke flavor is wonderful, and the seasoning is amazing! Although not necessary, a good seasoning is ideal. Mine is shown here for anyone who cares.

Hope this helps you out.

And a pic of my final results.

Comment

Originally posted by shepherd View Post
                    Hello All,

My first post here. But I wanted to share with you my burger recipe.

I buy ground beef from the store either by the log, or pre-made patties. If I buy the log, I put a few pounds in a bowl, and sprinkle my seasoning all over it. Then churn it up real good and do it again. If I buy the pre-made ones, I just put the seasoning all over the top and bottom of the patties.

I start up my smoker and bring it up to about 250-275 with plain kingsford charcoal. Once up to temp, then I add my water bowl and fill it up with plain drinking water. My bowl is directly over the coals so I maintain a rolling boil at all times. This is critical to keep the burgers from drying out. Trust me. I learned this the hard way.

Before I tell you that I cook them until they are well done, keep in mind that you don't usually want a smoked burger anything less than well done. I promise you it is worth it. Take your burgers up to an internal temp of about 170-180 at most but do it slowly. Mine take about about 90-120 minutes usually unless my temp drops below 250. Then I find myself cranking it up at the end to bring them to temp.

To add the flavor of choice, I use the kind of wood I prefer. In my case, I use post oak. It's super clean, and has a weaker smoky flavor and not an overpowering one. I put the wood on, dry, right when I add the burgers.

Don't use wet wood. It just smolders and makes for a less than ideal flavor.

When the burgers reach 170-180F, and you cut into them, there should be absolutely no blood left in them. But they will ooze super flavorful clear juices. And you will have a nice smoke ring. On thinner burgers, you will have a smoke ring on top and bottom that may touch. On thicker burgers, you will have a well done, grey looking center. This is perfectly normal.

Once the temp is reached, I like to drop a slice of my preferred cheese on my burger and let it melt on the pit.

Once removed, I do not let mine sit long on purpose. I will eat it as fast as I can make a burger. The water bowl makes them so juicy it's unreal. The smoke flavor is wonderful, and the seasoning is amazing! Although not necessary, a good seasoning is ideal. Mine is shown here for anyone who cares.

Hope this helps you out.

And a pic of my final results.

1st post And selling something. There is a place for that,
                    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

It' kinda frowned on in someone else's thread. Might wanna go there and repost. There is also a new members place to post, tell us what you cook on, what you cook etc, what we can do for you, etc. I'll give ya a welcome in the proper post forum.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      1st post And selling something. There is a place for that,

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

It' kinda frowned on in someone else's thread. Might wanna go there and repost. There is also a new members place to post, tell us what you cook on, what you cook etc, what we can do for you, etc. I'll give ya a welcome in the proper post forum.

Sorry. Wasn't trying to promote sales. Just in case someone wanted some. Which is why I said that my preference was my seasoning. You can certainly use whatever you like. I just found this forum a couple weeks ago and haven't reviewed anything but new posts so far. I'll make it a point to find the newbie thread. Wasn't trying to hijack his thread. Sorry again about that.

My burger recipe legit though. I cooked them again yesterday. My family loves them over grilled burgers any day.

Comment

Hmmm...I guess I missed the sales pitch

To S-M...And please drop in and introduce yer self...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Hmmm...I guess I missed the sales pitch

To S-M...And please drop in and introduce yer self...

Someone edited the post it looks like. It was a pic of my rub with an email address if anyone wanted to try it. No big deal. I'll introduce myself as soon as I get back to a computer and find the intro thread. :)

Comment

that'll happen I suppose...

put another quarter in
                            an try again...
                            ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                            ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Sorry. Wasn't trying to promote sales. Just in case someone wanted some. Which is why I said that my preference was my seasoning. You can certainly use whatever you like. I just found this forum a couple weeks ago and haven't reviewed anything but new posts so far. I'll make it a point to find the newbie thread. Wasn't trying to hijack his thread. Sorry again about that.

My burger recipe legit though. I cooked them again yesterday. My family loves them over grilled burgers any day.

Strange, the pics of product are missing?? Never know if it is a new person or a BOT.
                              No big deal, was just trying ta point you in the right direction(s).
                              Welcome to the Island from Florida!
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Someone edited the post it looks like. It was a pic of my rub with an email address if anyone wanted to try it. No big deal. I'll introduce myself as soon as I get back to a computer and find the intro thread. :)

Yes it was, since I own this site and half to pay for the hosting and upkeep I allow members to promote their products as long as they are a contributing member See LINK.

I do not ask money from the members here, there is a donation link and a subscription you can join that gives you extra benefits. You can give if you wish.. All I ask is if you want to promote something you better be willing to be a part of the community..

Hope to see you on the boards..
                                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                                X