Westernsmokers vertical reverse flow smoker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westernsmokers vertical reverse flow smoker build

Well I finally got to start on the first build for my Westernsmokers adventure. Me and the boy had to finish up a table this morning first, so I quickly put him to work. Everything has gone great so far, we did have a little curve with one weld with the new machine and we had also changed wire size. but soon after we were humming right a long again. I am very impressed with the plasma cutter I bought. Cuts through this stuff like butter. Here are the pics from this mornings go at it. We will be back out there this evening to do some more. Thanks for lookin and keep a eye out for more builds and products.

just getting started this morning. So the slave labor started early..lol

the beginning

first piece of the project is done...made short work of it with the plasma

some of the welds

this is the one we had a little curve on

so far so good...you can see the hole is very low for the smoke stack.

Jerod
    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
    sigpic

Good luck and all the best on your new venture...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    KCBS CBJ

Comment

You on it Hot Rod....stay in it~!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Hey Jerod,

Man that's a fine start! You'll have that thing together in no time. I'm really pulling for ya with the new adventure!
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

very nice welds keep the pics comming
          sigpic
          Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
          Great Out doors grill
          Brinkman verticle
          And one great UDS
          Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Plasmas rock... bro has one- steel has never been less daunting!

Nice welds. I suck at that. Can solder tho... Eh..it's something!

Like to see a drawing of the smoker... if ya have one.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I don't have much of one. I change the dimensions at the last minute..I figured I didn't need of 5' smoker right now. So I went with just a four footer instead.
              Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Plasmas rock... bro has one- steel has never been less daunting!

Nice welds. I suck at that. Can solder tho... Eh..it's something!

Like to see a drawing of the smoker... if ya have one.
              Thanks to your build I started thinking about this...I really do owe ya bud !!!! and I also owe ya for letting me bounce ideas off ya.
              Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
              Hey Jerod,

Man that's a fine start! You'll have that thing together in no time. I'm really pulling for ya with the new adventure!
              to everyone else thanks for checkin it out...I did manage to get the top and the bottom of the inner shell on. I think I will stop there for the night...the boy has smoked some ribs today..His first attempt...they look and smell great so I will need a nap after dinner of course..lol
              and thanks for the points everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Jerod
              GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GOT14U View Post

Thanks to your build I started thinking about this...I really do owe ya bud !!!! and I also owe ya for letting me bounce ideas off ya.
                No problem. I just wanted to see the drawings in case of a "misfit"
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I'll try to find my original and scan it for ya. Just in case there is misfits in there...lol
                  Jerod
                  GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                  sigpic

Comment

found it...here is the original..somethings have change tho.
                    Jerod
                    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                    sigpic

Comment

Had a little time today after all the weeks hussle and bussle. Started on the fire box/charcoal pan. Here are the pics. I have next week off so this should be done next week
                      squaring up the bottom

before the top and sides are on

top on squared up and welded only thing left is the handles but those will be done after I do the doors..

thanks for lookin !
                      Jerod
                      GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                      sigpic

Comment

Looking good! I can put things together out of wood, but I've always admired someone who can weld a nice bead.
                        sigpic
                        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice work! Same mesh I have in a basket for my WSM. Only issue- might have to give it a shake on longer smokes as ash will get held up by the mesh a bit.

Then again...that's a BIG freakin' basket... sooo guess we'll see!

Comment

I was a carpenter for quit some time as well. Metal is definitely a different animal.
                            Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            Looking good! I can put things together out of wood, but I've always admired someone who can weld a nice bead.
                            Ya I thought about that. But it will also keep the smaller pieces of some royal oak from falling through at the beginning. So I figured what the hay. On a side note I got your rub yesterday I'm dieing to try it out. It smells great
                            Nice work! Same mesh I have in a basket for my WSM. Only issue- might have to give it a shake on longer smokes as ash will get held up by the mesh a bit.

Then again...that's a BIG freakin' basket... sooo guess we'll see!
                            Jerod
                            GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I was able to work on the smoker for a couple hours today...It seemed like I didn't get much done but sometimes it's the way it goes. This is the bottom part just about done. I will make the smoke channel up the sides tomorrow and cap the top of what you see here. The water pan will be towards the end of the build I think. It should hold about 6 gallons of water. Well here are the pics and thanks for lookin.

Jerod
                              GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X