Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method

Sous-Vide Method Your Hot Tub Cooking Forum, Learn It, Teach It, Share It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Hello from Canada
Last Post: Sledhead01
Posted On: 12-16-2017
Replies: 0
Views: 12
0 Food Proofer Conversion
Last Post: Sledhead01
Posted On: 12-16-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 78
0 He said "you can't make bacon like"
Last Post: Fishawn
Posted On: 12-15-2017
Replies: 19
Views: 228
0 Safeway / Albertsons Ribeye Sale
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 10
Views: 146
0 Thin Blade Knives?
Last Post: WALLE
Replies: 23
Views: 301
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,466 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,990 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 645,017 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 08-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis857 View Post
Hey John, I looked it up and it was Pats King of Steaks (king of cheez whiz??). Genos was right there too. Just remember how disappointed I was to see the huge cans of Cheez Whiz lined up there. I guess I can see it when there may have been a real cheese shortage or it was maybe it was a lot more expensive to use actual cheese. I remember thinking thats just like Kraft mac & cheese vs. homemade Mac & cheese. Just aint the same! Glad to know I just fell victim to maximize the buck tourist hype and not an unique culinary trend that Philly hangs its hat on.

LOL---Believe it or not, some people actually like that "Tasteless Yellow Grease".
Yup---I figured it was "Pat's".
Geno's is right across the street. I think Geno's at least uses cheese.
Big famous competition---All a bunch of Hype!!!
They get Tourists to come & try it one time.

I figure if you can get everybody that comes to Philly to try your Cheesesteak, it doesn't matter if they Suck. You only need to sell one to each tourist.

You'd be better off going to any bar or Hoagie joint that looks clean enough to eat in.

Or let Jim "SOB" know you're coming & he can tell you which places to go to.

Or if you're coming to the area of "North of Philly" (anywhere 20 to 60 miles North of Philly) I can tip you off to the Best places (All better than Pat's).

Bear

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 08-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Looks tasty! Gotta try cheesesteaks on the griddle some thyme.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

Geezus I need glasses or something I swear the title said filet mignon cheeseCAKE. Ugh. Your cheeseSTEAKS look delicious Bear.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Looks tasty! Gotta try cheesesteaks on the griddle some thyme.
Thanks Scott !!
The Griddle is how most of them are made in SE PA.
Much easier than in a Pan like we normally make them.

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitRow View Post
Geezus I need glasses or something I swear the title said filet mignon cheeseCAKE. Ugh. Your cheeseSTEAKS look delicious Bear.

Thanks Mike!!
I often read things like that---I think it happens when the Brain's imagination steps in front of the eyes.

Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sous-Vide Method