Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
    Thank You Phil !!
    I'm finally trying my challenge---I got a half of an Eye Round in my SV right now.
    Be pulling it at 4 PM.
    I've done several eye roasts in the SV... what's your temp and cook time? Are you gonna sear afterwards?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
      I've done several eye roasts in the SV... what's your temp and cook time? Are you gonna sear afterwards?

I found about a dozen Eye Rounds, mostly on the Web.
      They ranged between 131° and 138°.
      And times ranged from 24 hours to 50 hours, but most were between 24 and 30.

So I'm going with 132° for 27 hours.

I usually sear it, but I might not on this one.
      Depending on how it comes out I think I might just take two small steaks out of the middle, and use the rest for Hot Roast Beef Sammies with Gravy over the works. That's been my favorite Cheap meal since I was about 8 years old.

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
        Thanks Otis !!
        That wasn't "The Real Deal Philly Cheesesteak" you had.
        One of the Tourist attractions (Pat's ??) uses that tasteless Grease, and maybe a few others here & there, but the majority use Provolone, and maybe a few American Cheese.
        And all of the Bars & Steak Hoagie joints between Philly and going North, through Montgomery, Bucks, and Lehigh counties use Provolone or American. I know this because I have consumed Thousands of Cheesesteaks & Webers over the last 55 years (beginning as a Teenager), in those counties & others.

Bear
        Hey John, I looked it up and it was Pats King of Steaks (king of cheez whiz??). Genos was right there too. Just remember how disappointed I was to see the huge cans of Cheez Whiz lined up there. I guess I can see it when there may have been a real cheese shortage or it was maybe it was a lot more expensive to use actual cheese. I remember thinking thats just like Kraft mac & cheese vs. homemade Mac & cheese. Just aint the same! Glad to know I just fell victim to maximize the buck tourist hype and not an unique culinary trend that Philly hangs its hat on.
        Mike
        Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
        POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
        Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis857 View Post
          Hey John, I looked it up and it was Pats King of Steaks (king of cheez whiz??). Genos was right there too. Just remember how disappointed I was to see the huge cans of Cheez Whiz lined up there. I guess I can see it when there may have been a real cheese shortage or it was maybe it was a lot more expensive to use actual cheese. I remember thinking thats just like Kraft mac & cheese vs. homemade Mac & cheese. Just aint the same! Glad to know I just fell victim to maximize the buck tourist hype and not an unique culinary trend that Philly hangs its hat on.
          Yup. Pat's and Geno's. Two staples in tourism and liquid cheese...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Otis857 View Post

LOL---Believe it or not, some people actually like that "Tasteless Yellow Grease".
            Yup---I figured it was "Pat's".
            Geno's is right across the street. I think Geno's at least uses cheese.
            Big famous competition---All a bunch of Hype!!!
            They get Tourists to come & try it one time.

I figure if you can get everybody that comes to Philly to try your Cheesesteak, it doesn't matter if they Suck. You only need to sell one to each tourist.

You'd be better off going to any bar or Hoagie joint that looks clean enough to eat in.

Or let Jim "SOB" know you're coming & he can tell you which places to go to.

Or if you're coming to the area of "North of Philly" (anywhere 20 to 60 miles North of Philly) I can tip you off to the Best places (All better than Pat's).

Bear
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Comment

Looks tasty! Gotta try cheesesteaks on the griddle some thyme.
              sigpic

Comment

Geezus I need glasses or something I swear the title said filet mignon cheeseCAKE. Ugh. Your cheeseSTEAKS look delicious Bear.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  Looks tasty! Gotta try cheesesteaks on the griddle some thyme.
                  Thanks Scott !!
                  The Griddle is how most of them are made in SE PA.
                  Much easier than in a Pan like we normally make them.

Bear

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                  Geezus I need glasses or something I swear the title said filet mignon cheeseCAKE. Ugh. Your cheeseSTEAKS look delicious Bear.

Thanks Mike!!
                  I often read things like that---I think it happens when the Brain's imagination steps in front of the eyes.

Bear

Comment

Working...
                  X