Love to see it..... Keep it coming
    sigpic

Comment

looken good nice layout and super weld
      what Plasma did ya git i"m betten powermax 30
      Terry here
      Still have Christene

Comment

good sized looking cabinet. what's the actual dimensions ?
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Bingo...all the talk about these little guys and it has lived up to it's reputation..I have cut through 5/8 just to see...took awhile but when would I ever need to cut through that thick of steel.
          Originally posted by morkdach View Post
          looken good nice layout and super weld
          what Plasma did ya git i"m betten powermax 30
          Well I don't have my exact measurements right here but the outside is 24" deep 48" tall and 32" wide.
          Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          good sized looking cabinet. what's the actual dimensions ?
          I really wish I hadn't of gotten sick last week, it would have been done by now but
          Jerod
          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
          sigpic

Comment

this is going to be an awsome smoker, great build and thx for sharing!
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

[QUOTE=GOT14U;109376]Bingo...all the talk about these little guys and it has lived up to it's reputation..I have cut through 5/8 just to see...took awhile but when would I ever need to cut through that thick of steel.

WoW 5/8" out ofthat little guy must been running 220vac.
              this is looken good keep us posted.
              damn ya, got me wanten to tackle something different now
              Terry here
              Still have Christene

Comment

Thanks rob
                Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                this is going to be an awsome smoker, great build and thx for sharing!
                Oh ya it was definitely on 220 for sure. cranked to 30amps as well...Like i said it cut it but pretty slow. I doubt others in it's class could do it tho..[QUOTE=morkdach;109426]
                Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                Bingo...all the talk about these little guys and it has lived up to it's reputation..I have cut through 5/8 just to see...took awhile but when would I ever need to cut through that thick of steel.

WoW 5/8" out ofthat little guy must been running 220vac.
                this is looken good keep us posted.
                damn ya, got me wanten to tackle something different now
                Jerod
                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                sigpic

Comment

Looking good Jerod. Can't wait to see the finish! How many racks will she have?

Comment

I am thinking 5 or 6...I have thought about putting a couple closer together for a big rib smoke also...not quit sure tho.
                    Originally posted by donnylove View Post
                    Looking good Jerod. Can't wait to see the finish! How many racks will she have?
                    Jerod
                    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                    sigpic

Comment

Looking very good...Going to be a beauty.

Comment

Ok a little update...Me and the boy worked on the smoker this evening...It's now 1 am so we called it a night got a little more done then what the pics show...But things just seem to keep stopping me from finishing any ways we buttoned up the top door and have the bttm door and smoke stack left...so we should be smoking this weekend . I also order a pan break today so the next build should go faster and actually produce a better product....It will allow me to cut down on all the welding Here are the pics.

the slave labor working hard

the door frame and one side of the skin on...note the pipe for the therms

insulated and ready to be closed

We did get the other skin on but I didn't get a pic.....thanks for lookin
                        Jerod
                        GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                        sigpic

Comment

Looking awesome. Going to be a sweet smoker. Nice work.
                          Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Thanks that will make 2 of us then...I love what your brother or brother-in-law did for your smoker as well I will be building a horizontal next
                            Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
                            Looking awesome. Going to be a sweet smoker. Nice work.
                            Jerod
                            GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                            sigpic

Comment

those welds look like a roll of dimes laid out. awesome. nice shop and cool tools. even the slaves look well taken care of.
                              that is a differnt looking kind of smoker and insulated ta boot.
                              Long hours on that thing for sure. and looking good.
                              I remember being a slave. many long nights and days. and when I got on a roll I did not want to stop.lol.
                              my pops was a machinist by trade. Holly smokes we had to do every thing. my dad would tell us why buy something when we can make it ourselves.my brother and I would look at each other and scared to say we needed a car as we were of age to drive. then we did. ended up spending almost a year of hard slave labor, built 5, M151 1/4 military jeeps and two 1/4 jeep trailers. when my brother and I layed our heads on our pillows at night. that was all she wrote.
                              sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                              nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

thanks for the complements and it's funny to look back on the stuff with your dad and then think about your own kids now a days.
                                Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                                those welds look like a roll of dimes laid out. awesome. nice shop and cool tools. even the slaves look well taken care of.
                                that is a differnt looking kind of smoker and insulated ta boot.
                                Long hours on that thing for sure. and looking good.
                                I remember being a slave. many long nights and days. and when I got on a roll I did not want to stop.lol.
                                my pops was a machinist by trade. Holly smokes we had to do every thing. my dad would tell us why buy something when we can make it ourselves.my brother and I would look at each other and scared to say we needed a car as we were of age to drive. then we did. ended up spending almost a year of hard slave labor, built 5, M151 1/4 military jeeps and two 1/4 jeep trailers. when my brother and I layed our heads on our pillows at night. that was all she wrote.
                                Jerod
                                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X