No announcement yet.

Chicken, Orange and Ginger Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following Hoser's lead and saving some threads from Photo-Phuckit? , what a pain!!!

Hope ya enjoy it.
    Last edited by DanMcG; 08-12-2017, 09:36 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanMcG View Post
      Following Hoser's lead and saving some threads from facebook, what a pain!!!
      ^$&#%@*%^&^!!! (pantpantpant) $&&%^#*(#()#)!!!!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

NICE WORK!! OUT OF THE BOX! this is the kind of post that I appreciate. great creativity. would love to try some. Hell, I would love to make some but don't have the tools. bet they taste great. wish I could sample some before I throw down A jillion dollars on equipment to start making my own sausage.
        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I wish I had a jillion dollars
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            jillion dollars are only made in Oklahoma. You'll have to drive down and use one of our ATM machines!
            sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              I use to have a jillion, then I took up sausage making and a smoked meat hobby.
              sigpic

Comment

I use to have a jillion, then I took up sausage making and a smoked meat hobby.
                I too used to have a jillion dollars, butt the divorce from my first wife took care of that...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Dan, as an orange chicken connoisseur, this orange chicken sausage is something I going to have to try out. I think getting the proper orange flavor is key. I was thinking maybe the sauce from my orange chicken chilled down and possibly reduced a bit could work as well. thanks for resurrecting this as I have not seen it before. you most certainly have not lost your touch! thanks for sharing man!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

After watching what seems like endless food programs on tv where they add orange or lemon zest to a recipe I figured it was time to use some in sausage. There's not a whole lot of orange sausage recipes out there so I winged it with this, which came out pretty good, then the wife tweaked it to her liking and it's a solid hit.

If anyone is interested there is a Greek sausage, Loukaniko that uses orange that sounds good, but this one is sort of asian-ish.

Orange and Ginger Sausage

Weight in grams

Chicken thighs, skinless 1400
                    Salt 25
                    Orange zest 5
                    Garlic, minced 4.2
                    Ginger, ground 2.1
                    Black Pepper 2.8
                    Reduce orange juice 75ml

After the test fry the better half requested ;

Ginger paste7.5
                    Hot pepper1.7
                    Fennel2.5
                    Basil, fresh8+/-

Zest an orange to make 2 teaspoons of zest. Add the juice of 2 oranges to a pot and reduce to about half. ( I want the orange flavor but not the extra liquid).
                    Grind chilled chicken with fine plate.
                    Add seasoning to orange juice and mix with ground chicken until you get a good bind.
                    These were stuffed into 24-26 sheep casing and linked into 7” hotdog's

Note's;
                    I used maybe half of the chicken fat and I think even less would be better.
                    The orange was noticeable but next batch will have maybe half as much more.
                    Fennel was added with the basil to give it a Thai basil flavor. ( that’s what wifey said, and she has taste buds)

These were pretty colorful so I got carried away with pic's.;

3 lb rope;

Links.

If ya look real hard you can see the orange.

And lastly frying a few up for dinner;

Still working on the homemade bun gig, they're getting better but I guess I wasn't meant to be a baker

Thanks for looking.
                    Looks Damn good.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
                    sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Adding this to my list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

aight...?...whatcha think about some seedless Halo's...get thru these holiday's & gig is on!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                          aight...?...whatcha think about some seedless Halo's...get thru these holiday's & gig is on!
                          Sounds good to me.... I was thinking tangelo's next time
                          sigpic

Comment

Sounds good to me.... I was thinking tangelo's next time
                            yep them as well!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

missed this the first time Dan......love the asian twist......what about pork,green onion and ginger with a touch of sesame oil......kinda like a dumpling....and gotta have some chili of some sort..........
                              sigpic
                              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Newer here and hadn't seen this before but. Looks great and sounds very good. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X