Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Tell Us A Little About Yourself & The Type Of Smoker You Are Using.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 When your away from home and need to smoke...
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Posted On: 02-25-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 9
0 Brisket for burgers/ sausage?
Last Post: strength_and_power
Replies: 7
Views: 95
0 Obviously love posting Food
Last Post: Spivitz
Replies: 72
Views: 1,373
0 Smoked nuts and air fryer wings
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 6
Views: 147
0 SWBEFPB.......southw estern........burnt. .....ends. ....from.......
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 25
Views: 308
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,583 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,375 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,771 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 02-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

gammaman Is Just Starting Out
Default newbie

I have been doing some cold smoking due to the fact it's cold outside. I have done some cheese and pepperoni. It comes out pretty good as far as I know due the fact that I don't know anyone else who does it (nothing to compare to). I have done hard boiled eggs for deviled eggs(bacon flavor filling).
Question is how is smoked salt and peppercorns. How about nuts?

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Welcome from Dayton!! Now go smoke some meat!!

Never smoked salt n peppa but smoked sugar is good... and nuts are off the chain good!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 02-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

to the island of misfits. I know there are some here that smoke salt and other herbs and spices. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to help you out.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 02-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Banned

Conumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To AllConumdrum Is  A Name Known To All

from Las Vegas! We have some decent threads of smoked nuts, I have done them twice, and both times I need more practice.

Salt? No idea, can't be that hard, it all depends what you add to the salt for the final flavor profile I guess.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

I've done London boils, deer, bear, buffalo and elk pieces for jerky. I prefer natural smoke over that bottled stuff. I will look a the nut section for ideas. What could you use smoked besides a rub.
I do like the barstool section. Sounds like some good ideas.
I can see having fun and getting fat with the ideas I've seen so far.
Love this forum!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Wannabe Smoker

MossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To All
MossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To AllMossyMO Is  A Name Known To All

Great to have you join us gammaman, from North Dakota!
Not sure if you do or not so I will suggest this in case you don't. Smoked cheese will have a much better, more mellow smoked taste to it if it is sealed and put in the fridge for a couple weeks to "mellow".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaman View Post
I can see having fun and getting fat with the ideas I've seen so far.
Ya, I have found getting the elastic waist banded stretchy pants works well if your going to hang around here...

Old 02-17-2014, 12:29 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Welcome to Smoked-Meat Gamma. Keep looking around...we'll occupy your time one way or ta other
Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Meat Mopper

Vicep3 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & GrillingVicep3 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & GrillingVicep3 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & GrillingVicep3 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & GrillingVicep3 Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

Welcome from Central PA!!
Master Forge Gasser
MES 40 x 2
AMNPS x 2
AMNTS x 2
Vortex
Taylor 808N x 2
ET-732
White Thermapen (so fast color can't stick to it)
Blue Thermapen (Backlit)
Q Matz
Old 02-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

CoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To All
CoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To AllCoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To AllCoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To AllCoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To AllCoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To AllCoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To AllCoffeeCreek Is  A Name Known To All

from Kentucky
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCreek View Post
from Kentucky
X2! from Kentucky!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 02-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

I do vacuum pack my cheese after it sets out for a few hours. I try to wait at least 2 weeks, normally I stash 3-4 blocks to set for 5-6 weeks. The wife is REAL good at offering the cheese out to friends.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes you guys have a lot of ideas and will take up some of my time.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Fire Starter

SeenRed Is Just Starting Out

Welcome Gamma, from Oklahoma! Haven't done it myself, but a buddy smokes salt all the time and loves it.

Have fun and happy smokin'!

Red
Maverick ET-732
Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 AM
Pit Master

Sam3 Is  A Name Known To All
Sam3 Is  A Name Known To AllSam3 Is  A Name Known To AllSam3 Is  A Name Known To All

Welcome from NW New Jersey!

BGE XL
BGE Mini
MAK 1 star #385
Bradley OBS w/Mods
Weber 22.5 WSM
Weber 22.5 Kettle
Pit Barrel Cooker
La Caja China
Mini-WSM
Old 02-18-2014, 06:57 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Welcome from Delaware!!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 02-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

from Utah
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 02-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Pit Master

Charcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To All
Charcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To AllCharcuteryan Is  A Name Known To All

Hello! From your hood. Funny to hear london broil dont see them much on here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > New Member Introductions

Tags
cheese, newbie, pepper, salt