Cuban Sammies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuban Sammies

I love the leftover forum as we do a lot with leftovers and try and have fun at the same time. I usually smoke more than we can eat and then vacuum pack the leftovers.

So, we had some leftover pulled pork. Cuban sammies sounded like a good plan. Some smoked pulled pork, ham, sliced sandwich pickles, jalapenos on some, mustard, mayo, and swiss cheese on hoagie buns, we were in business:

I made 6 sandwiches all told with some mild ones for the kids and some heat for me with the Mrs in between. Here are a couple of pics:

Ready to go:

Cuban and Reubans are my favorite sandwiches so it was a treat. Guess I'll have to do some reubans if when I finally get around to doing some pastrami this summer.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

OMG! Cuban sammies are my favorite..
    They look perfect... I never thought to do them with the pulled pork. I made these about two weeks ago, making the Lechon from scratch and I still was off, even with the homeade mojo marinade.. they look to die for, now I need a medianoche sammie!!!
    Beautious, man, beautious!!! my mouth is watering...

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Thanks Goddess, man are they ever a great sandwich...pulled pork worked great as well.
      Pete
      Large BGE
      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Looks great. I could eat a few of those.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Nice- I love those sammies!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I love a good cuban!!!
            "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
            PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Now that is a good use of leftovers. Great looking sammies. points
              Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Lechon from scratch and I still was off, even with the homeade mojo marinade.. they look to die for, now I need a medianoche sammie!!!
                lol - what's that sentence mean in english ?
                Oh yeah - great looking sarmies :-)
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

The process of lechón involves the whole pig/piglet, chicken, or cattle/calf being slowly roasted over charcoal. (I bet she is referring to the smoked pork)

medianoche sandwich is pretty much another name for a cuban sandwich.

Mojo is a very tasty marinade.

Comment

Fine lookin! Makes me hungry.
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                      So, we had some leftover pulled pork. Cuban sammies sounded like a good plan.

Leftover pulled pork, I didn't know there was such a thing, at least not around my place .... Just bustin' on ya Abelman, Great Job on the sammies !!!
                      Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                      GOSM x 2
                      Vermont Casting Grill
                      Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysus View Post
                        Leftover pulled pork, I didn't know there was such a thing, at least not around my place
                        Ya ain't makin enough!!!

Comment

Great lookin sammie...never had one...I'll be tryin that!!!
                          Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                          http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vlap View Post
                            Ya ain't makin enough!!!
                            Never seems to matter, the more I make, the more they eat ....
                            Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                            GOSM x 2
                            Vermont Casting Grill
                            Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

i love cuban sammies w/ shrimp bisque as a dipping sauce..
                              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                              cast iron Hibachi
                              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                              & rotisserator
                              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                              my music recordings-
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Working...
                              X