A good use of leftover pulled pork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good use of leftover pulled pork.

Yesterday after work I was in the mood for some veggies. I ended up sauteing an onion, 2 jalapenos, 1 lb of asparagus, and 1 can of mexican corn. Added a tablespoon of Smitties and a tablespoon of R's rub.

Once the veggies were cooked I added in the leftover pulled pork and sauted until the meat was hot.

Put down a flour tortilla with a lil bbq sauce topped it with the pp/veggie mixture and made a nice wrap from it.

Sorry I didn't take a picture but maybe I will at lunch today. Leftovers rock!
    "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
    PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

It sure sounds good Vlap!!
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sounds real good, Vlap! I've been doing quite a few different wraps lately. I'll have to try that one.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Tasty sounding vittles Vlap. Momma Kratzx4 made soup beans over the weekend towards the end of cooking she threw in a couple big handfuls of pulled pork it was gooood.

Comment

Ya....sure.

By imn88fan

Comment

Jeff, now you know better than to tempt us with a tasty leftover dish and not include pics!!

Sounds like a nice meal, I'll take one of those ...

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
            Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
            sigpic

Comment

Sometimes ya just gotto eat.

I didn't take any qview since I hadn't really planned it out. The addition of the pulled pork at the end was a spontaneous decision. I had planned on the veggies just being a side dish for the reheated pulled pork.

It turned out better then expected which is why I decided to let you all know of yet another use for pulled pork leftovers.

Comment

Be sounding good!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlap View Post
                  Yesterday after work I was in the mood for some veggies. I ended up sauteing an onion, 2 jalapenos, 1 lb of asparagus, and 1 can of mexican corn. Added a tablespoon of Smitties and a tablespoon of R's rub.

Once the veggies were cooked I added in the leftover pulled pork and sauted until the meat was hot.

Put down a flour tortilla with a lil bbq sauce topped it with the pp/veggie mixture and made a nice wrap from it.

Sorry I didn't take a picture but maybe I will at lunch today. Leftovers rock!
                  When I first saw onion and jalapeños, I thought "what's he talking about, those ain't veggies, that's man food." Then I saw 1 lb of asparagus
                  Dude, I can't even think about eating it, and you take in a full freakin' pound? I say one more time
                  But the rest sounds very good.

Tom

Comment

Have you ever had fresh asparagus or just that mushy sh*t out of a can?

I have met a few who thought the way you do and served them fresh asparagus from the grill and changed their mind. Fresh crisp and grilled asparagus takes on a whole new dimension.

I would puke if I ate that canned or jarred sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlap View Post
                      Have you ever had fresh asparagus or just that mushy sh*t out of a can?

I have met a few who thought the way you do and served them fresh asparagus from the grill and changed their mind. Fresh crisp and grilled asparagus takes on a whole new dimension.

I would puke if I ate that canned or jarred sh*t.
                      I've had the nasty mushy stuff when I was a kid. It was disgusting. I've had wild (we have a lot of that here), it didn't taste good either, then my wife decided to plant some, and I hated it too. Now I'll admit, it wasn't grilled, but if it tastes like crap to me raw and fresh, there ain't no way a grill will make it taste better. To me, there ain't nothing better than raw fresh veggies. Well, I mean no veggie better than raw fresh veggies. But some things just don't agree with me no matter how it's prepared or not. I'll tell you what though. I'll have my wife throw some on the grill when it's ready, and I'll try it. Just to say I've tried it.

Tom

Comment

Grilled Asparagus is DA BOMB!
                        Olive oil, CBP & Kosher Salt.................
                        sigpic

Comment

Like said above and add in some lemon juice. Thats as good as I can make asparagus.

Sounds like you have given it a fair shake though. We all have different tastes.

Comment

Vlap, Nice isn't it? to have extra PP just for those munchie times.

and I love the "spargas" veggie. nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                              I've had the nasty mushy stuff when I was a kid. It was disgusting. I've had wild (we have a lot of that here), it didn't taste good either, then my wife decided to plant some, and I hated it too.
                              See the "Sides" forum...
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X