Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chex Mix With Bacon Grease?....... That's What I'm Talking Aboot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chex Mix With Bacon Grease?....... That's What I'm Talking Aboot!

Gots to try this

http://www.food.com/recipe/julies-ex...chex-mix-49543
    sigpic

i'd hit it ~
    Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
    Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

While I find that enticing... I'd like to see a light marg version..with some smoke applied to the crackers/stuff... just for comparison.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

one of my fondest childhood and early adult memories was going to family holiday gatherings at my Grandmas. She would make 1 or 2 5 gallon pails of the stuff to feed the masses.... I bet she would have loved the bacon greased stuff...
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          one of my fondest childhood and early adult memories was going to family holiday gatherings at my Grandmas. She would make 1 or 2 5 gallon pails of the stuff to feed the masses.... I bet she would have loved the bacon greased stuff...
          Mom used to make it around this time of year & stash it in the freezer thinking me & me bro.... 1) would not find it & 2) would not eat it frozen...... We did both!!! What a waste of gallon zip lock bags..... They should have just set up conveyor belts to our mouths

We like extra worshcehastifrickenshire on ours, anyone have any cool mods to their chex mix
          sigpic

Comment

oh

hell

yeah!!!!

I'm totally doing this next time I make chex mix! I like the buffalo style chex mix, and I'm guessing with a little extra kick from the bacon fat it'll be over the top.
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

My mom used to make this stuff all the time, but we knew it as Texas Trash. She used butter, not the Bacon fat. Gotta try that!
              A few of my favorite things:
              Good Whiskey
              Good Food
              Bad Girls
              sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
              Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Mom used to make it around this time of year & stash it in the freezer thinking me & me bro.... 1) would not find it & 2) would not eat it frozen...... We did both!!! What a waste of gallon zip lock bags..... They should have just set up conveyor belts to our mouths

We like extra worshcehastifrickenshire on ours, anyone have any cool mods to their chex mix
                Dry ranch dressing mix was always good(even if its pretty much straight MSG)....
                Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

ooohh nice! My mom makes this stuff also. I've tried a few times but its just not the same.
                  Trailer mounted custom build
                  Kingsford 754 charcoal smoker/grill

Comment

Working...
                  X