Chicken Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Dip

This stuff is great. My daughter in law made it a week and a half ago for my wife's belated 50 B-Day Party. We bought her a subscription to taste of homes magazine last Christmas and this is where she got it from.

Mexican Chicken Dip

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast

* 1 (15oz) can black beans rinsed and drained

¼ cup finely chopped red pepper

1 Tbsp lime juice

1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped

¼ cup of melted butter

½ tsp ground cumin

1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies

¼ tsp garlic powder

½ cup salsa

¼ cup finely chopped onion

1 ripe avocado

½ cup sour cream

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate at least one hour so flavors can marinade. Just before serving, slice up avocado and arrange on top and serve with chips and sour cream on the side. Also makes a great cold soft taco filling.

(If you like, you can leave extra avocado slices and lime juice on the side as well)

Hope you like it.

It would work well with any smoked meat. I thought I could taste cilantro but I see there isn't any. I want to try this in a wrap, we had it with scoops at the party.
    Last edited by SmokinLee; 08-11-2009, 04:09 PM.

OK I just copied from my e-mail and my thread turned out like a mess. so I have to work on it.

Comment

OK all better now.

Comment

Thanks for another great idea. Sounds like it would work with leftover smoked chicken or turkey too. Hmmmm. Way too many things to try around here.
        S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
        CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
        New Braunfels Bandera
        UniFlame Gas Grill
        Lil Chief

Comment

Hell yes. Smoked chicken in this. Sounds awesome.

Tom

Comment

Doe's sound tasty....saved & gonna try it! Thanks!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

so you leave the chicken cubes as cubes ?
              kinda like a sort of chicken salad/salsa thing.
              Looks like good flavour combination.
              Interesting.
              Would make a good starter with pitta slices (bet gunny makes his own pittas too lol)
              Nice one lee :-)
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

LOL....I read the title of this and my first thought was a dip to loosen the feathers of chickens for plucking.

Taste of Home has a lot of good recipes and the best thing about them, is most of them come from subscribers sending them in. Have y9ou ever been to the Taste of Home (TOH) Recipes forum? There are literally THOUSANDS of great recipes available and the folks that hang out there are very friendly and helpful. Just ask for any recipe or help with a recipe and chances are you'll have your answer very soon. I've been a member of that bulletin board for close to 7 years now and have files of several thousand recipes that all sound great. I'll never be able to try them all, but then, I'll never run out of ideas for "What's To Eat?"

Here's a link to the site if you care to browse or join.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/30.aspx

Comment

Thanks Lee,
                  It does sound like a great flavor combo, I can't wait to try it. Happy belated birthday, Mrs Lee!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                  X