Turkey Roosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Roosting

It's getting there. After 2 hours it had reached an internal temp of 140+. Apple wood.

sigpic
    It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
    A man just can't have to many toys..
    Akorn smoker

Roosting? So you cook it up in the tree? Never thought about that. Of course you would have plenty of smoking wood but plucking those feathers up there must have been a mess.
    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
      Roosting? So you cook it up in the tree? Never thought about that. Of course you would have plenty of smoking wood but plucking those feathers up there must have been a mess.
      I see no ball busting here...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Just having fun at another's expense. No real harm meant. Bet it will be delicious.
        sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

No way this compares to the Lamp Roast. LINK

BTW, Love me some roast turkey!!
          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Got busy napping afterwards but here is the finished product. Best way to get a good shot is on the roost... Not exactly legal in the wild.. Out back ranchers looking for table food do it.. No time to hunt. This is the best tasting and moist bird I've ever done. Normally I don't really care for turkey but getting used to more poultry in my diet is needed.

sigpic
            It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
            A man just can't have to many toys..
            Akorn smoker

Comment

Nice job. I would ask for seconds
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
                Nice job. I would ask for seconds
                not only that, but I'd make sure I had lots of bread and mayo on the house...I'm all over some turkey sammiches!!
                BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BrisketJunkie View Post

That's just purty!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                  X