Buffalo Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Carbonara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Carbonara

This was fun to make, and even better to eat! Mrs. Engineer loved the pasta carbonara...I made a bunch of it and she ate it for 3 consecutive meals. My takeaways from this...the combo of achiote, buffalo sauce and swiss cheese were really good...and the heat from the buffalo chicken was a great compliment for the pasta carbonara.

I pounded out some Chicken...I tried to keep it thin and uniform, but I'm like a bull in a China closet and this proved to be my biggest hurdle...be sure to use some plastic wrap and wet the wrap a bit so the chicken slides as you pound it thin.

I wanted this to be deep red in the spirit of buffalo chicken, so I got some achiote paste. I used the entire brick in my marinade.

I put the achiote in a blender with some OJ, and some naked brine. Then I put in a cup or so of Franks and blended the crap outta it.

Everyone into a zipper bag for a nap.

The next day pull the chicken out and dust it with some Hot Whang! This is Buffalo Chicken ya know!

I thinly sliced a chunk of Coppa Ham and layered that on the chicken

Swiss Cheese next...

Roll it up and toothpick the crap outta it...WHERE THE HELL IS MY KITCHEN TWINE???

Apple wood smoke...MMMMMMmmmmmm

Done.

Pasta Carbonara Ingredients

I used this video as my guide for making the pasta carbonara...quick and provides a good framework.

1. cut up and fry the bacon.
    2. carmelize the onion in the bacon grease and added some garlic toward the end so the garlic doesn't burn
    3. add back the bacon and some diced up sun dried tomatoes
    4. put in a lb of cooked spaghetti (straight from the hot water)
    5. dump in 3 or 4 whisked eggs and quickly toss that around so the eggs coat everything.
    6. sprinkle it with diced parsley and add some good parm cheese.

BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

I've said this many thymes... I wanna be your neighbor...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Let it be known, this was my choice.

Absolutely outstanding!

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Awesome Dana, really nice work!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
          Let it be known, this was my choice.

Absolutely outstanding!

Yup. X2.

On edit: Nazis are at it again... need a reload.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Save me a plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonderful!! Would love to try that one some time.
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Great stuff Dana...I had no idea who was the mastermind behind this dish...Figures it was the engineer Hell I even voted for this beauty in the second round...Basically admitting that a chicken sandwich was never gonna beat a creation like that...

Damn sure worthy!
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

That's a fantastic looking dish.

Comment

Let me know when the house next door goes up for sale... just sayin'...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

You caused me MUCHO angst sir. That was sooo pretty..and now..I’m even more impressed with the process. Damn.

Well..all I got is a pict to vote on eh. Maybe a short description is in order?

regardless.. that is beautiful, and I wish I’d have had a sample!

Bravo Dana. I think I might send out a “Reserve Champ” prize...
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        You caused me MUCHO angst sir. That was sooo pretty..and now..I’m even more impressed with the process. Damn.

Well..all I got is a pict to vote on eh. Maybe a short description is in order?

regardless.. that is beautiful, and I wish I’d have had a sample!

Bravo Dana. I think I might send out a “Reserve Champ” prize...
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Awesome chicken Engineering! If I made the three hour drive would you feed me that? That is, after my mush food diet has ended. I just watched the family chow that sandwich while I forlornly ate my gruel.

Comment

Wow, just Wow on this beauty......
                            Pete
                            Large BGE
                            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I'll probably catch hell for this...

The only reason I didn't vote for this was it wasn't really a chicken "strip"... I know the rules set down said simply "involves Buffalo Chicken Breast Strip" butttttttttt..............

That having been said... This dish is amazing & is definitely -worthy!!!
                              You've outdone yourself, Dana...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X