Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the quickest anyone has done pulled pork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
    : I got great answers and I will do my next one at a higher temp and see what happens.
    Won't matter... you have the Mad Hunky by then, and it'll make it perfect even if ya do it in an E-Z Bake donchaknow...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Won't matter... you have the Mad Hunky by then, and it'll make it perfect even if ya do it in an E-Z Bake donchaknow...
      LOL hell yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        ... the birth of Pop-Pop's most recent avatar..... A women bowler with a cigarette in her ass & sunglasses......
        I almost fell out of my chair this morning laughing when I saw that!! I love coming to this forum just to see the avatars and funny pictures in the sig lines! Oh, and to learn how to make great food, too!

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

My motivation for doing the High temp runs has everything to do with timing and end product. Because of doing competitions, I realized that staying up all night long, is not what I want to do. It makes me feel like crap the next day and my product suffers from mistakes and inattention because I'm tired.
          At my comp I noticed a team that didn't even fire their pit until 4 am the morning of the comp. They hit all their turn in times(10-2) and placed in all categories with a 2nd overall. I was able to go over and see them when I went to see Ryan and Kelly compete in So Cal and they all went to Myrons Mixons school and were using a Jack's old south Pit. Now I am no fan of Myrons but he's winning some pretty serious comps using the hot and fast approach, So if I am able to have fun and party the night before, get a good nights sleep(I get up at 3 am anyways even my days off), wake up and fire up my pit and turn out an award winning product. Guess what I'm gonna pursue. I'm in this for the sheer joy of doing it and being dead tired is not so much fun anymore.
          As for the low and slow method being a waste of time, , ,Anyone here gonna turn down an invitation to eat at Scotts table?? Or Pop Pop? or Riches? ect, ect.?
          I hope so, because that'll leave more for me
          JT

Comment

oh hell, just when things settled down, i picked my brain for somethng that was stuck in the back somewhere and found this in the kitchen companion, published by the USDA :

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/PDF/Kitchen...ion_Single.pdf

To keep the meat tender and minimize shrinkage due to the evaporation of moisture, an oven temperature of 325 °F should be used....USDA does not recommend cooking meat and poultry at oven temperatures lower than 325 °F. This can cause food to remain in the “Danger Zone” (temperatures from 40 to 140 °F) too long, allowing bacteria to multiply rapidly.
            now what?

i'll tell you what i would do - i would still stick to anywhere between 225 and 275, but that's just me. anything over 300 is too high, for me, and i would rather be too low than too high, because i have had roasts that were cooked at too high, and didn't like them.

y'all's mileage may vary ~
            Last edited by TasunkaWitko; 11-18-2010, 01:16 PM.
            Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
            Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

sigpic

Comment

T_ what they are not taking into account is (hopefully) we have un-molested hunks of meat. Assuming we speak of briskies and butts. BIG hunks. The interior of these, if not injected or probed...do not fall under "danger zone" criteria.

Another point. Addressing there "quality" issues... the meats we cook... again briskies and butts... formost... are fatty and collagen rich cuts. So their moisture comment is rather superfluous IMO.
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

i'm in complete, 100% agreement, rich. i think another thing to take into account (and actually getting back to the topic of the thread) is the sheer time invovled. as we all know, the dreaded stall in the 160-165 degree range (which is where the critters die)happens for such a long period of time (not to mention the subsequent raising of the internal temp to 190-205) that any danger is long gone.
                  Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
                  Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
                    , the dreaded stall in the 160-165 degree range .

300+ = no dreaded stall, , ,I'm just sayin
                    JT

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                      Heh... several BIG named steak houses do their slabs at like 500°+.

Hell, WF... if it works... let's just get a kiln... a hunk of apple...

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Heh... several BIG named steak houses do their slabs at like 500°+.:
                        I saw a team on Tailgate Warriors (49ers VS Raiders episode) a few weeks ago who did their baby backs in 36 minutes (that is not a typo...36 minutes)! All the judges could talk about while each team was preparing their dishes was that there was no way the ribs could be done. You should have seen their faces when they bit into the ribs. They all were amazed and said it was some of the best ribs they ever ate. Unfortunately for the 49ers team, their ribs were beat out by the Raider's Tightend Tip (Sangria Soy Tri-Tip).

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                        Pink Thermapen
                        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                          I saw a team on Tailgate Warriors (49ers VS Raiders episode) a few weeks ago who did their baby backs in 36 minutes (that is not a typo...36 minutes)! All the judges could talk about while each team was preparing their dishes was that there was no way the ribs could be done. You should have seen their faces when they bit into the ribs. They all were amazed and said it was some of the best ribs they ever ate. Unfortunately for the 49ers team, their ribs were beat out by the Raider's Tightend Tip (Sangria Soy Tri-Tip).

That would be sweet!! Ribs in an hour even would rock if they were good

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                            I cant wait to try that out

Comment

Working...
                            X