12 Cloves Of Garlic Stuffed Leg Of Lamb - Early Easter W/Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Cloves Of Garlic Stuffed Leg Of Lamb - Early Easter W/Pics

I love garlic so I used a whole head and stuffed the cavity full.

This from a past score, 7.76 for a 3.90 pounder. I still have 3 in the freezer, that was a good score.

I used my favorite marinade, Yoshida's, and granulated garlic and lemon pepper.

In the smoker, with my favorite drip pan, couple cups of beef stock with some thinly sliced onions for reheating later. 225' to 132 or so and after a rest it should be over 135' in the safe zone. Using mesquite and hickory.

More to come.

Thanks for watching.
    Ron
    sigpic

Lookin' good Ron. I just had me a leg last night by way of the Ronco rotisserie.
    Mmmm...mmm...mm love lamb!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

looks good so far ron, how long you marinade in the Y??? reason i ask is it is soy based i believe and i made up a marinade using soy sauce and marinated a prime rib in and i believe it soaked in and it did not have the nice pink color i was looking for. i did marinade for 2 days that time i recall. so prob over did it. still turned out good. just that color thing. just fyi but you have used this plenty a times so you know all about it i am sure. looking forward to the final pic on this ron!!!!
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
        Lookin' good Ron. I just had me a leg last night by way of the Ronco rotisserie.
        Mmmm...mmm...mm love lamb!
        I often wondered about them Ronco things, are they good?

Originally posted by erain View Post
        looks good so far ron, how long you marinade in the Y??? reason i ask is it is soy based i believe and i made up a marinade using soy sauce and marinated a prime rib in and i believe it soaked in and it did not have the nice pink color i was looking for. i did marinade for 2 days that time i recall. so prob over did it. still turned out good. just that color thing. just fyi but you have used this plenty a times so you know all about it i am sure. looking forward to the final pic on this ron!!!!
        I only marinated for 30 minutes. We'll see soon Erain.
        sigpic

Comment

Nice looking hunk of lamb... Good price too.. I think my store around here just throw away there meats... Never see them reduced or Managers Special..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Yes sir that there Ronco rotisserie is our best bud when a nasty day comes 'round. A 6# leg is aprox 22 min per pound, so on so forth. I shan't ramble this is about your leg not my machine...aey
            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

All done.

Just about ready.

135'

Nice and rare.

Slathered hoagie with some horseradish and stacked it up.

A little au jus from the drip pan, yum.

Thanks for watching.
              sigpic

Comment

Very nice Ron!!
                Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X