No announcement yet.

First crack at pulled pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol @ point 4! Yep I hear you, I actually snuck a pan under it and saved the resting juices even tho they had solidified . I put the resting foil in the sauce and melted the solidified resting juces back in.
    I'll defiantly try it your way next time, I'm a kickarse indoor cook. And it's only through advice and listening.
    Thanks again
    sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Looks like you started great, got a bunch of great tips along the way, and it looks good to me!!!

Next time I would try to get your temp up to 230˚-250˚.Then when it's time to foil (160˚-170˚), put it in a foil pan, add some moisture (I like Apple juice---6 ounces or so). Then throw a double foil over it & seal it around the edges.
      Then after it's all done (About 205˚??), pour the juices into a round bowl with a lid & stick it in fridge. The fat will come to the top, and get hard, like soap. You can cut around it & pop it out in one piece. The stuff under that orange disc of fat is awesome. The apple juice is already mixed in, so you're good to go. Now the stuff I just suggested is leaning towards pulled pork for two people. That's why I leave the juices in the fridge until the next day. It shouldn't need any added back to it for the first helping right out of the smoker. Then from then on, I like to leave the finishing gelatin separate, and add a gob of it with each sammy worth of pulled pork that I put in the nukulator.
      Obviously if you're feeding a bunch of peeps, you have to do it a little different than this, as far as the juice. Works great for the two of us.

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Hell to the camel snatch YEA! Way to go on your first pulled pork gig. Sounds like you got it right. I'm with CA on the using of the foil pan. I get plenty of smoke and get to keep all me juices. (That's important for us older camels.)

Have some for keeping us entertained as well.

Comment

Lmao Ty hon, btw did you see that idiot cat of mine?
          sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Nice bear, I like experimentation and I do mostly cook for 2 plus the kids they don't always like what I cook, god damn them
            Lol
            sigpic

Comment

Nice job!!! Looks great from here!

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
              3) use the juices themselves with some minor additions for your finishing sauce
              That's what I like to do, too.
              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Glad it turned out for you Dale
                Know you were pretty worried for a while there but now that you've popped your pork cherry it will only get easier and easier.
                The sauce you made sounded really good too, pass me a shot
                There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X