No foil approach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keelaboosa View Post
    I'll do dry and foiled ribs again. I've never had them Memphis style, and I really liked them dry and didn't miss the sweetness at all. I'm sticking with the MH - 'tis the bomb.
    NOW we're communicatin'
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice thread......Nice documentation.

I would say 70% plus of folk i have ever met like the texture of foiled ribs better(most of these seem to be woman )....My biggest problem is some people foil way to long and then your in Mcrib territory....Lots of folk like that though....Thats what the Q joints serve here....Meat jello on a bone...

I like a foiled rib with some tug...Thats what we do well with at competitions....Foil stage is to add another layer of flavor,but not turn em into mush...
      Last edited by ALX; 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Hehe... errr.. brown sugar. Maybe I should add that to the abbreviations post, eh...
        No harm, no foul. There was plenty of BS slung around that day, that's for sure!

Comment

NOW we're communicatin'
          So how do the rest of your addicts keep their MH crack pipe filled? Guess it's time to start charging my family for their food!

Good stuff - congrats on a killer rub that is revered far and wide.

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
            Nice thread......Nice documentation.

I would say 70% plus of folk i have ever met like the texture of foiled ribs better(most of these seem to be woman )....My biggest problem is some people foil way to long and then your in Mcrib territory....Lots of folk like that though....Thats what the Q joints serve here....Meat jello on a bone...

I like a foiled rib with some tug...Thats what we do well with at competitions....Foil stage is to add another layer of flavor,but not turn em into mush...
            ALX - Thanks! My first points! ...sniff... I'm vehklempt - talk amongst yourselves.

I found the foiling made the meat a little more tender than no foil, but the real difference was how easily it came off the bone. Not a lot of tug on the foiled ribs.

My son's gf asked if I were going to boil them first. Guess there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Keelaboosa View Post

My son's gf asked if I were going to boil them first.
              Must be a blonde
              sigpic
              New Braunfels Bandera
              New Braunfels Hondo
              4-22.5" Weber Kettles
              1-26" Weber Kettle
              24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
              Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                Must be a blonde
                Ding ding ding!

Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah!

Comment

...... In case you have not picked up on it...I'm like the lone (or very rare...) crusader againt candied ribs.......
                  you ain't alone bruddah.........
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Wow Ive missed alot of stuff lately and Im sorry I missed this one...

Glad it turned out well for ya...My wife was not too impressed with my first few attempts at ribs..."You could go back to the old way of doing it you know. It doesnt have to be smoked every time does it?" Bite yer tounge womanNow she looks forward to ribs as much as she does steak...and that says plenty because she is a huge steak person...Did I just say that my wife is huge? Crap....

Personally I use a foil pan large enough to hold the ribs with room to spare...put them in bone side down with a little of the spritz...er..spray liquid and foil tightly... I use more of a 3-1.5-.5 method....works for me...
                    I keep talking about trying no foil but Mamma says not to mess with perfection...........but I will......
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=SMOKE FREAK;153559]Did I just say that my wife is huge? Crap....

Someone might be on the couch tonight

GOSM
                      K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                      Digital Thermometers
                      Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                      140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

[QUOTE=northern greenhorn;153561]
                        Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                        Did I just say that my wife is huge? Crap....

Someone might be on the couch tonight
                        Here we go again
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Did I just say that my wife is huge? Crap....
                          Properly quoted...

"I plead the fifth! Or at least a pint!"
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Great thread.

Found some nice IBP Baby backs the other day for $3.49 a lb. non enhanced and large racks. I hafta admitt, I am as close to the perfect rib as i have ever been. I don't usually eat allot of ribs after I am smoking all day, usually just a bone for quality control, but I had half a rack before I could stop myself.. Those were 4 hrs in the smoke (apple and oak) 1 hr in foil, 30 minutes back on the pit, no sauce or glaze. They were the best ever.

No pics though.
                            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                              no sauce or glaze. They were the best ever.
                              IF... we could only convince the judges....

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                                Great thread.

Found some nice IBP Baby backs the other day for $3.49 a lb. non enhanced and large racks. I hafta admitt, I am as close to the perfect rib as i have ever been. I don't usually eat allot of ribs after I am smoking all day, usually just a bone for quality control, but I had half a rack before I could stop myself.. Those were 4 hrs in the smoke (apple and oak) 1 hr in foil, 30 minutes back on the pit, no sauce or glaze. They were the best ever.

No pics though.
                                Thats always the amazing thing to me Dan....Different numbers in sequence,but if it works then thats the way....

I can definetly say we are producing some squirting juice/tender ribs in competitions(6th in american royal invitational) this year using a different time technique... adjusted to a different smoker...

Comment

Working...
                                X