Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the quickest anyone has done pulled pork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I use my Chargriller I usually smoke 'em between 300 and 350 I know that's unheard of around here but it works for me. A butt can be done in 6-8 hours and be very tasty, too.

Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
    i work in insurance, and we're pretty good at standing firmly on both sides of an issue...
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

I am all for trying new..... Foods, temps, whatever..... I have been doing pork butts for a long time @ 225* and they turn out great.... That said, I am living on the edge today @ 250* ..... And next time, I will crank up the MES and hit 275* and see if I can tell any difference... (Probably not is what I'm guessing)..... I also wanna give one a try at the higher temps like Alex posted.... Weber Kettle @ 325* ..... They are a great affordable piece of meat to experiment with..... Have yet to have one turn out bad. ON EDIT: I think that is called a "Jinx"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        I am all for trying new..... Foods, temps, whatever..... I have been doing pork butts for a long time @ 225* and they turn out great.... That said, I am living on the edge today @ 250* ..... And next time, I will crank up the MES and hit 275* and see if I can tell any difference... (Probably not is what I'm guessing)..... I also wanna give one a try at the higher temps like Alex posted.... Weber Kettle @ 325* ..... They are a great affordable piece of meat to experiment with..... Have yet to have one turn out bad. ON EDIT: I think that is called a "Jinx"
        Only problem you may have with kettle is how close meat is to heat source....The WSM works well because you have 2 foot of seperation and the heat is deflected to sides of cooker and swirls due to bullet configuration....Even though i was 360 degree.... i still wasnt grilling per se....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
          Only problem you may have with kettle is how close meat is to heat source....The WSM works well because you have 2 foot of seperation and the heat is deflected to sides of cooker and swirls due to bullet configuration....Even though i was 360 degree.... i still wasnt grilling per se....
          I was thinking indirect..... might be too close to heat???? ..... Hell, I will try anything.... If it ever quits raining here, maybe I'll see what happens...
          sigpic

Comment

Damn look at the replies!! I am a 225 guy for everything but man its getting old waiting 16 plus hours for a damn samich lol and i will have to try one at 275-300 and see what happens? Like Rich said its fairly cheap, I might as well try something new

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
              I was thinking indirect..... might be too close to heat???? ..... Hell, I will try anything.... If it ever quits raining here, maybe I'll see what happens...
              Hell...20 years ago people LOVED my ribs....I cooked em on a kettle full bore wrapped in foil whole time.....Took 50 minutes for a 6 pound spare rib....People ALWAYS wanted to know how come my ribs were so tender....True farking story man..........

Comment

I find myself migrating to a bit higher temps... 250 to 275 for the butts. I have been experimenting with my ribs lately, and found the 235-250 range to be a real sweet spot.

225 for me has gone by the wayside... haven't grown the nads to try the real high heat method... yet.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

All of a sudden i have the urge to go bowling
                  [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eRbNAo7Sxg[/yt]

Comment

I've also modified mine to crank up over 300, but I've been using a large water pan to keep the steam going throughout the cook. Doing 4 this friday, I'll put a timer on it and let ya know, but I'm thinking around 6 hours.
                    JT

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                      I've also modified mine to crank up over 300, but I've been using a large water pan to keep the steam going throughout the cook. Doing 4 this friday, I'll put a timer on it and let ya know, but I'm thinking around 6 hours.
                      six hours would be great or even 8, let us know how they pull too

Comment

Oh yeah and Scott indirect on the weber works too, did one that way a year ago. Can't remember how long it took but I do remember we started with the Bloody Marys around 9am when I put it on and we were eating it around 3,4 or5 pm when we were drinking Jack and Cokes. Maybe I outta put a timer on my drinking as a way to figure cook times. I know for a fact that Bud is somewhere around noon, cause that's what I was spritzing the butt(and the liver) with.
                        JT

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                          Maybe I outta put a timer on my drinking as a way to figure cook times.
                          Sommabitch... well, there we go. It's all figgered out now, eh guys?
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Maybe I am missing something here...I thought this was a forum about "smoking" meat, not "getting it over with" ..... heck, maybe try a 800° pizza oven - "get it over with" in less than an hour....maybe use a 140,000 btu blow torch while spinning the meat on a lazy susan... it'l create bark, just not eatable bark...
                            THE reason I "smoke" whole hogs and other large cuts IS for the flavor slow smoking creates! There are all kinds of guys "roasting" pigs over charcoal and / or LP gas in 4-5 hours in my parts....- I can achieve that flavor in my G.E. electric oven with some kingsford in a tin pan.......
                            Personally, I would add gas assist to my Lang before "rushing" my butt.
                            Like I said, I must be missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              Sommabitch... well, there we go. It's all figgered out now, eh guys?
                              Farkin' A... why dint I think of that?!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Tony's BBQ View Post
                                Like I said, I must be missing something here.
                                I know from whence you come. But there ARE realities. If you read my first reply... in comps NO ONE I know of rushes the cook. Well, unless they be behind, and then they are doomed anyway.

BUT- if the quality is reasonably there, and ya can shave 2 or so hours...

We discuss these things. No harm meant nor intended. Just a bunch of mis-fits I guess...
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X