Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I done me some pulled pork - after 4 years of procrastinating: Now what ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job, CA!! Leftover PP goes great on a baked potato, too!

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3738
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Looks good from here!
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Some of that on a Ploughman's platter & a pint!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          Looks good from here!
          Ohhhhhh, New idea (for me) - twice baked PP stuffed potatoes! Scrape out the white stuff, mix it up with the usual stuff (butter, cheese, sour cream etc). Then mix it 1 to1 with pulled PP, re-stuff the potato shell & top with some cheese (cheddar, Parmesan etc). Pop it back in the oven till you melt the cheese on top....!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Toss a pile on a fresh crumpet topped with the Carolina Mustard sauce.
            Keith

Comment

very nice from across the pond!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                Toss a pile on a fresh crumpet topped with the Carolina Mustard sauce.
                crumpets !
                By george I do believe you might have something there

I do like a savoury crumpet or three. Usually go with either marmite or chutney as the base layer (tomato slices with the marmite usually), then some slices of cheddar (smoked, if you got it) melt that for a couple of minutes, add a few chunks of stilton, melt some more, add l&P worcestershire sauce and grill/broil till crispy or a shade off being burnt.

Now with some pp as the base layer - that would be outstanding !
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

PP sandwiches hot, never seen one eaten cold.
                  I love to use extra in chili and in Brunswick Stew. Also if you are into pate type food you could make pulled pork rillettes. Made a recipe from "Smoke & Spice: Cooking with smoke, the real way to BBQ" and it wasn't my cup of tea but was still tasty.

Piled high on a baked potato with other toppings is also tasty.
                  Would probably be good in arancini but never tried it that way.
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    Seriously what do I do with this stuff....

I'd like to do this for the teddy bar cook this year, but I need some sort of options on how to serve and what with....

I'm also going to hand samples round to the usual suspect and see what they think - so I'll need something to tell them on how you eat it....

This isn't a food you can get in england - short of a hogroast, which is different anyway nobody would have ever seen pork like this before.
                    So go on what do I tell people ?
                    first off nice job! why don't you come up with a couple of bbq sauces (traditional and mustard based......and don't even think of HP!), get some mini soft rolls (potato would be my choice), and tell them they are "Yank Sliders".....you should be able to sell these things all day!

send my royalties to chefrob, U.S.A
                    sigpic
                    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Yeah I'd contemplated an omelette. Defintiely on the list

Sounds pretty damn good !

Not real big on the whole 'if it moves, stun it and then curry it' thing.
                      I think you'd lose the flavour of the pp.
                      Although you could use a curry rub and make the pp curried - as opposed to currying pp. lol I know what I mean

So my first meal with this stuff was simple. Wheat flour tortillas.
                      Worlds easiest recipe: 1 cup self raising flour, 1/4 cup (and a bit) hot water, pinch of salt. I usually add some mixed herbs and garlic powder as well.
                      Mix to a stiff dough, split into 6 equal balls. Roll as thin as you possibly can and cook about 1 min (tilll bubbles show) each side in a very hot dry frying pan or griddle.
                      If the first one comes out a bit too stiff - squadge the dough back to one lumpo and add a little more water. And repeat (with 5 balls) :-)
                      I'm crap at rolling things out in neat circles so mine tend to be a bit 'irregular'
                      I would seriously love one of those cast iron mexican tortilla squashers. But can't afford the postage
                      Hmm (thinks) wonder if the asians use something similiar to make chapptis (or however you spell it)

Added hot pp (tried some cold - it's definitely a hot food) just reheated in the tray in a medium oven for 15 mins - spot on
                      And some of the previous days mixed salad.
                      Folded, too full to roll, and ate !

Seriously good. ended up eating 4 :-)
                      The pp has a very strong and distinct savoury flavour. How much of that is down to the mad hunky I'll find out next time as I'll use my chinese rub on the next batch.
                      Great texture and even with the salad and tortilla the pork was a strong and distinct flavour and texture.

Thanks for all the points, ideas and comments
                      Even if it's just me eating it - I'll be making more
                      welcome to the world of "we call that a taco dude"...
                      brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                      18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                      cast iron Hibachi
                      22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                      & rotisserator
                      12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                      stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                      Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                      http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                      my music recordings-
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                        first off nice job! why don't you come up with a couple of bbq sauces (traditional and mustard based......and don't even think of HP!), get some mini soft rolls (potato would be my choice), and tell them they are "Yank Sliders".....you should be able to sell these things all day!

send my royalties to chefrob, U.S.A
                        you never know lol

Now I know you lot don't believe in them but pp also reheats real easy in a microwave :-)
                        Obviously you take it out fo the foil trays first - unless you're rich, feeling nostalgic and having a spare microwave to blow up :-)

And yes I know that's a taco rob, although no self respecting mexican would have looked at my folding and graced them with that name
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Congrats on the PP CA, great job!
                          sigpic

Comment

Pulled Pork Eggrolls are awesome.

Brad

UDS
                            Weber spirit
                            Weber kettle
                            Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Comment

you never know lol

Now I know you lot don't believe in them but pp also reheats real easy in a microwave :-)
                              Obviously you take it out fo the foil trays first - unless you're rich, feeling nostalgic and having a spare microwave to blow up :-)

And yes I know that's a taco rob, although no self respecting mexican would have looked at my folding and graced them with that name
                              real mexicans(or any other central american country native)never wrap food in a tortilla. they never eat flour tortillas either. they roll up a corn tortilla & use it like sopping up gravy w/ a biscuit or shoveling beans w/ a knife.
                              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                              cast iron Hibachi
                              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                              & rotisserator
                              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                              my music recordings-
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

then they'de definitely not call it a taco

Not that keen on cornmeal. So i always make wheat flatbreads :-)
                                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                                X