Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Working" From Home This Afternoon........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Working" From Home This Afternoon........

Being self employed has benefits on Friday afternoons

Mustard slather on some baby backs, then a modified MH rub with added sugar & kosher salt.

Lit 6 briquettes with the propane assist, placed 3 each on the charcoal baskets & added a couple big chunks of Apple. Vents all wide open for about 20 minutes until it hits about 200-210*, then I close them down to this marked spot I "Sharpy'd" in on the vent/ash catcher section of the Performer. Should then sit about 250-265* for about 2.5 -3.5 hours. Will probably foil after 2 hours, tap the charcoal baskets a couple times, add a little more fuel & be good to go

Now, back to work Maybe, maybe not
    sigpic

Looks good but the open beverage seems to be missing from the photo..

What a great way to end the week...Guess your boy is not eating at home tonight... only one slab...
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

where is the middle finger avatar?

nice job "boss".
      Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
        Looks good but the open beverage seems to be missing from the photo..

What a great way to end the week...Guess your boy is not eating at home tonight... only one slab...
        ..... Not sure what the kids will be doing for dinner, butt I got a chicken that will be going on later too, so me & the kids will be doing some snacking on smoked foods for sure

I installed a closed beverage zone here on meeself until after 4:00pm on weekdays Weekends tend to be a bit different though
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
          where is the middle finger avatar?
          I will try it...................... mIm

Close as I could get

Good time to cruise CL for some Weber's too

Found this one
          http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/for/3365412821.html

Working up that way this next week. Might have to keep an eye on it & see if the price drops, or they are willing to take an offer
          sigpic

Comment

I hear ya on the benefits of being self employed. I slept in to day, might have been hungover a bit told the customer I was late caused I got delayed. And now quit early to go look at a puppy. Can't wait to see these when they're finished.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post

Good time to cruise CL for some Weber's too

Found this one
              http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/for/3365412821.html

Working up that way this next week. Might have to keep an eye on it & see if the price drops, or they are willing to take an offer
              nice, Id grab up a 2nd WSM in a second.

Comment

nice, Id grab up a 2nd WSM in a second.
                Yeah, looked like a pretty nice one I will be watching it for sure. Not sure aboot the Michael Jackson cover, butt probably be ok
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, looked like a pretty nice one I will be watching it for sure. Not sure aboot the Michael Jackson cover, butt probably be ok
                  lol, use the cover for fuel, cant taste any worse than pellets I bet.

Comment

lol, use the cover for fuel, cant taste any worse than pellets I bet.
                    Don't forget to find out which software version its running. I heard the older models are needing an upgrade for reliability issues......
                    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Kinda looks like those Trojan Magnums I test........
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                        Kinda looks like those Trojan Magnums I test........
                        This thread is headed down hill fast...... Still no mention of gator though
                        sigpic

Comment

This thread is headed down hill fast...... Still no mention of gator though
                          I still have bout ten pounds (gator) in the freezer if you want me to "wrap" supmtin up fo you?

Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            I still have bout ten pounds (gator) in the freezer if you want me to "wrap" supmtin up fo you?

...... I really wanna see you make some gator sausage Seriously

Have you ever done it, or made it I've never had it, butt a place nearby, where Wingman bought some of the jerky & sausages he sent to the troops sells a bunch of different "exotic" meats. Been wanting to try some different stuff
                            sigpic

Comment

Grin... ya crack me up! I guess IF I ever end up with another boss... I hope it's YOU!
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X