My first shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first shoulder

Tonight I am doing my first offical smoke. Using the new addition to the family "staind"

I have a 8 lb shoulder

I rubbed it with a mix of cinnimon, turbinado sugar, chipotle peppers (thx Kyote) garlic salt. Going to mop it with a mix of coke, red bull and daves insanity sauce...

Into the smoker it goes... fat cap down then I will flip it, Wish me luck!

Looks great so far buddy.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

looks good so far dont use all the red bull you may need it yourself before you get through.
      sigpic
      GO GATORS.
      Raymond Cato
      MOJO SMOKEHOUSE BBQ TEAM.
      125 Gallon Stickburner yet to be named
      BBQ GRILLWARE STAINLESS CHARCOAL
      2 ecbs
      bbq pro offset
      18.5"WSM
      22" WSM
      22" WEBER OTS
      smoked meat member #57

Comment

Couldn't be more PROUD of you Son.
        SKOL
        POINTS for sure.
        Vman

Comment

Great start, you keep with it now. If ya need help, give a shout!
          Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Looking good so far. Keep us posted and make sure to take more pics.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Wow, great start. Can't wait to hear all the details and how the new smoker performed.
              S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
              CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
              New Braunfels Bandera
              UniFlame Gas Grill
              Lil Chief

Comment

Rock On! That's the way to get after it!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

WOW... Nice hunk of pork... Now wheres the follow up pics...
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

looks like a good start and i am looking forward to the final pic's
                    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Atta boy, keep ut the good work! Yall make yer momma proud! Once ya start learinin the craft ya will never quick, nothin like great food ya created yerself!
                      sigpic

Comment

Butt is at 145* Cabana Boy is sleeping, a tad cranky too, lol!

He put the shoulder on about 10 last night, he has had the smoker crusing about 235-240 ish. Im thinking he let the temp drop at some point cuz it seams we should be at a lot higher internal temp......

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Right on Cabana Boy! It's a really nice start bud! Looking forward to the finale.
                          Oh ya...please let us know how " Staind " preformed! Looks as though it has been used already though...top rack has some left overs it looks like...wooo hoo
                          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                            Butt is at 145* Cabana Boy is sleeping, a tad cranky too, lol!

He put the shoulder on about 10 last night, he has had the smoker crusing about 235-240 ish. Im thinking he let the temp drop at some point cuz it seams we should be at a lot higher internal temp......
                            maybe just a tough one.lol

he is doing good. "hey cabana boy ya are doing well. wish I could come over and have a sandwich with you all." I bet you will happy with your accomplishment.
                            should have come to chat for a little bit..we coulda learned ya well there.
                            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                              Right on Cabana Boy! It's a really nice start bud! Looking forward to the finale.
                              Oh ya...please let us know how " Staind " preformed! Looks as though it has been used already though...top rack has some left overs it looks like...wooo hoo
                              Lol! good eye, he put it on that rack then decided to drop it down a rack!
                              Going to do some moink balls here soon! Are you doing moinkers today Ry?

Kyote, any time your in the neighborhood you have an open invite for a sammie and a tini!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
                              X