Chupa de LamsCabra Bolas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chupa de LamsCabra Bolas

yesterdays "MOINK" inspired smoke. It is almost time for Sunday din din...been uploading for 2.5 hours...a total of 15 pics??? Internet blows today. But we are here to have fun!! Kelly look what I have found in the bar fridge...Slainte!

Grape vine chunks for the smoke.

We raise American Spring lamb yearly here in the desert southwwest. Here is a shank deboned it.

Fed it to the Kitchenaide grinder attachment.

Ran it through the grinder once with the fine cut disc.

These are some peppers Kelly kindly left for us to play with. I believe they belong to the Habanero family. thanks Kel!
    Crushed and mixed into the bolas.

We also mixed some pepper jack cheese we had into them as well.Also used Kel's java rub in the mixture.

Smoking them at 250* over grape chunks slathered with chipotle sauce.

About to drool all over me self...

Went 2.5 hours. Took them off at 145* internal temp and rested .5 hour before indulging!

These are lamb spares rubbed with Kelly's java rub and then sprinkled dark brown sugar to melt into a glaze over the top of the ribs before smoking them. Yum

On the rib rack bottom grate Ecb style. Went with the rib rack to save room...they wouldn't all fit laying down

4 hours over grape with water in the water bowl at temps of 250*
    Thank you for checkin' out my smoke
    Happy smokes!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

LOL! Chupa de Lams Cabre bolas! LMAO!! Bravo!

Damn that cherry wheat is some good stuff right there, I can't believe that you actually found one left in that fridge!! LOL!

I bet those were tastey with that fresh lamb... Those ribs look fantastic! Yummy! How was the java rub with the lamb? I gotta try that now!

Great smoke my brother from another mother!
    Sliante! I have to go get some of that cherry wheat now!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

you are a lucky son of a gun with that lamb at your disposal..... dont get it that often but every great whiile run into it on sale mebe grind some up and try out. gonna have to see what it takes to get that rub recipie from kelly. looks dang good ryan, nice pics too!!!
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Looks totally great.
        I'd like to try grape vine sometime.

Tom

Comment

tasty looking morsels they are..enjoy..
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

wow, that's some great looking grub there. Nice job
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

A farmer just north of here gave me 2 lbs of ground lamb on the weekend I guess I can try these now.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm
              Chargriller Pro w. sfb
              Ducane 4100 propane grill
              Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Good lookin lamb!!!

And all hail to the moinkmaster
                Keith

Comment

Looks great! And I'd love to try grape leaves and wood... but... what is it? <Pressing 1 for English> ;{)
                  Last edited by Richtee; 06-16-2009, 06:36 PM.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Man...that is On! Likin that....
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Great job, looks great. Lamb
                      Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Looks great! And I'd love to try grape leaves and wood... but... what is it? <Pressing 1 for English> ;{)
                        Thank you my very good friends of the forum! Smoke on!
                        Rich...pressing 1 for English...... Chupra Cabra Bolas is a "moink" inspired name kyote introduced. chupa meaning suck and Cabra meaning goat...translates to"goat sucker". This is, if I remember correctly, a mythical figure in Mexican folklore. This creature would sneak into the farms at night I believe and suck the blood, much like a Vampire would, from these goats. I have heard of more than goats in some stories...although?? This animal by renderings is like a damn gremlin/mongoose or some thing like that...lol
                        My take on the words will translate in either way, if I am not mistaken
                        "Chupa de lamsCabra Bolas
                        suck of the lamb/goat balls......... or
                        suck from the lamb/goat balls......
                        The de in the title becomes "of "or "from"
                        None the less they were some damn good balls!!!....
                        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh it's ALL clear now! I can get along with that! Er... I'd try it anyway... not the goat sucking thing tho, you see. Never was a ultra rare fan, 'aspecially in the sauce dep't. You go Uncle!
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

a mythical figure in Mexican folklore.
                            Now that would be true except for that woman in Cuero,Tx that had a dead one in her freezer last summer. I think she took a couple of pictures, but not sure if she moinked any or not.
                            Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                              Now that would be true except for that woman in Cuero,Tx that had a dead one in her freezer last summer. I think she took a couple of pictures, but not sure if she moinked any or not.
                              I am thinking they figured that was the families pet gerbil...got a hold of the good ole Mexican water they named it Chupa de agua mala...lol
                              you know like the Gremlin movie...the water was bad
                              Ryan

Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X