No announcement yet.

Zeek's morning Ribs And Chivapchichi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeek that is a phenomenal smoke. Them little lamb sausages look incredible. Gonna try these for sure! So you dip them in the yogurt sauce or wrap in a pita? Those ribs are looking great also. Points for sure!!!!!!!

On edit- Baking soda?
    Last edited by Kingudaroad; 08-31-2009, 03:25 PM.
    Keith

Comment

Looks great. I got stung by a few yellow jackets about a couple weeks ago while doing some yard work. That is why I changed my avatar to the Wu-Tang logo with the killer bees on it-trying to get some good charma going.

Great Looking Grub!!!
      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
        Looks great. I got stung by a few yellow jackets about a couple weeks ago while doing some yard work. That is why I changed my avatar to the Wu-Tang logo with the killer bees on it-trying to get some good charma going.

Great Looking Grub!!!
        Well bud If you got stung and I got stung. I don't think your Carma is working for either of us ...lol It's just a nasty year for them buggers... All the best.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Baking soda?!? OK I just gotta ask... what's up wiff dat?
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

The brother puts out
            The POINTS go up! :D

THanks Dude.
            SKOL
            V

Comment

Holy friggin' smoker load Zeeker. Dude that is a feast! Everything looks like it is trying to jump into my mouth. I am so dang hungry too. Man you done it for sure! Hey Zeeker, that fat ass lip is gonna help ya suck the meat off them bad ass ribs faster man! Honestly that does suck though. Great smoke bud!
              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Don't know why but living in Texas all insect bites require Baking Soda in a paste. Just something I learned as as a kid getting bit all the time. YMMV depending who did this backyard cure.

Comment

Awesome smoker, awesome smoke, and killer...... bees! (hope ya found that funny ) Sorry to hear about the 'jacket, hope ya feel no pain and recover quickly, and man them sausages look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    Baking soda?!? OK I just gotta ask... what's up wiff dat?
                    I've been using baking soda in all my Chivap sausages for ever Rich. It gives them a deep red, brown look when cooked and tender. Call me crazy but It works Bud.
                    Last edited by Zeeker; 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM.
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

I've been using baking soda in all my sausages for ever Rich. It gives them a deep red, brown look when cooked. Call me crazy but It works Bud.
                      lol now that I can relate to, try getting this lot to add oats

The sausages and ribs look amazing and the recipe looks great too - defintitely a dooer :-)
                      And I'll haver to try the soda as well :-)
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                        I've been using baking soda in all my sausages for ever Rich. It gives them a deep red, brown look when cooked. Call me crazy but It works Bud.

A little info:

Baking powders are often called for in recipes in which there is no acidic ingredient, as they contain their own acid component. And that built-in acid ensures that the soapy flavor of unneutralized bicarbonate will not be present in what you’re making. Baking soda is often called for in recipes in which color is an issue.
                        Why would unneutralized bicarbonates be a problem in sausage? Not sure but baking powder contains JUST enough acid to react with the bicarb in it as well..causing CO2, and a "rise" or "fluffiness" in some baked goods.

If you want to increace acidity, why not a shot of vinegar? Or red wine?
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

If you want to increace acidity, why not a shot of vinegar? Or red wine?
                          True, but vinegar does nothing for color. I'm not trying to adjust the acidity, I'm trying to make the final product look better and Baking soda just gives it a richer look. My opinion only.
                          On Edit: it is also used as a meat tenderize.
                          Last edited by Zeeker; 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM.
                          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Zeek, Is this sausage similar to gyro loaf?
                            sigpic

GOSM/propane
                            UDS (Cam)/lump
                            22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                            Weber Genesis/propane
                            Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                              Zeek, Is this sausage similar to gyro loaf?
                              Icruzen. I would put it at kind of like a Slovaki (Spelling) taste but more addicting. Once you tried them it's hard to stop...
                              Last edited by Zeeker; 09-01-2009, 07:48 AM.
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                                True, but vinegar does nothing for color. I'm not trying to adjust the acidity, I'm trying to make the final product look better and Baking soda just gives it a richer look. My opinion only.
                                Interesting. I would like to see a comparison for this theory... I for the life of me cannot figger out why that would be. But then again, I don't know how much I don't know yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X