Goat on the lang??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goat on the lang??

was at the Doc's office today. one of the helpers and I were chatting he is from mexico, and goes offten to his familys there for goat cooking, Yes, we were talking BBq and smoking. I told him about the lang I own and how great it smoked meats. he loved the idea. and wants to kill a goat and bring over and have me smoke it.

here is the plan. kill the goat. insert liver in small intestines. insert head, and the rest of the guts and organs (cleaned of course) into the stomach. throw some chile peppers and other things in the stomach also. then smoke it till done.

he never mentioned the meat

I was fast with, heck let me call ya, I need to sand blast it, as I have not used it a while and it is all gunky.
    I have eaten a lot of fun stuff in the jungles. But this did not sound like a meal I was ready for.

just in case. any body got a good recipe for goat head in the stomach?
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

I am just reading this and LMAO. Good luck buddy.

Comment

cabrito is usually roasted or done in a pit in the ground and then covered up but you could smoke it. goat can be like mutton while cabrito is more like lamb....once goats and sheep start to eat grass the flavor is much stronger. i have never heard of the head in the stomach preparation although my mom used to make a mean "foot in yer ass"!
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

If you have a opportunity to smoke / grill some cabrito.. I suggest you do.. It is some good eats..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

OK off to search Cabrito.

Comment

mmmmm - mmmmm some days it just good to be a damn yankee by choice....

now, pass that pulled pork son.... hun could you get me another glass of sweet tea....

ya'll are way over my head

good luck my friend
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
              cabrito is usually roasted or done in a pit in the ground and then covered up but you could smoke it. goat can be like mutton while cabrito is more like lamb....once goats and sheep start to eat grass the flavor is much stronger. i have never heard of the head in the stomach preparation although my mom used to make a mean "foot in yer ass"!

CHEF-Rob knows his mexican cuisine etc.. Bill....If you werent kidding etc...I hear as Ken mentioned it can be delicous.....They had some whole frozen goat from middle east at restaurant depot the other day....Not going dere....Al Qaeda Goat prolly...

Comment

Go For It!............ I will try it someday..... On My List....... Had my first smoked/grilled Wabbitt Saturday..... Goat, Cat, Salamander & Earthworm are next (Make sure your pet has a collar with a name tag).....
                sigpic

Comment

Ok I have never done goat head but I have done beef head....It is great for taquitos....I also have done pancita with a goat very good...just make sure you clean it very WELL......add what ever cuts u want and sow it back up...I use epazote for this which might be hard to find but adds a very good flavor....I have always steamed mine tho, never smoked it...it sounds great !!!!!
                  Jerod
                  GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                    CHEF-Rob knows his mexican cuisine etc.. Bill....If you werent kidding etc...I hear as Ken mentioned it can be delicous.....They had some whole frozen goat from middle east at restaurant depot the other day....Not going dere....Al Qaeda Goat prolly...

No, not kidding. this guy and I talked for a while. he loves the head of the goat in the stomach. and was pretty much detailed about it. And he went on to tell me (as I told him I did not like goat or sheep) that they tasted better when casterated. they were unfit to eat unless this was done to them.
                    As was brought up by me that javelina, sayeno,white collard pecore were unfit to eat unless the musk gland was removed very soon after death. the gland tainted the meat to a very distastfull flavor.
                    I have been to a lot of matanzas here in new mexico with some wicked copper pots and utinsils used for the matanzas.
                    but have never seen the head used in that fashion.
                    In panama I have eaten a lot of fish head soup made with jack crevalle over open flame (wood) it was wonderfull. Nice smokey flavor from the smoke rolling into the boiling water.
                    I had a friend(very good friend) a ship captian from new zeland. every time he transited the panama canal he would get in touch and give me dead sheep from new zealand. yuck. I boiled it with other stuff and fed it to the hunt dogs at our hunt club.
                    any way I will see this guy in the morning to finish up the doc's stuff and talk to him more about it.
                    and as for Chefrob and his foot in the ass recipe. He does not no crap about cooking Offal. at least he thinks he knows about it. he is just the fair meat eater of the mexican culture. here is another recipe for him to try and figure out. a crude translation if you will."turtle hard on soup" I bet Mr. know it all chefrob does not even know how to catch one in the mating mode much less cook it.
                    when I arrived at the fire dept. here in NM and the mexicans saw how well I cooked. I was cooking goats till blue in the face. all in underground pits for the most part. then on the grill above ground. I never enjoyed the taste of that stuff. They loved what I served them. and was invited to all the matanzas till I just stopped going. My favorite part in the matanza was they let me shoot those devil looking critters.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Go For It!............ I will try it someday..... On My List....... Had my first smoked/grilled Wabbitt Saturday..... Goat, Cat, Salamander & Earthworm are next (Make sure your pet has a collar with a name tag).....
                      Holly crap. I gota change my pants..you need to stop by for a martini one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                        ....and as for Chefrob and his foot in the ass recipe. He does not no crap about cooking Offal. at least he thinks he knows about it. he is just the fair meat eater of the mexican culture. here is another recipe for him to try and figure out. a crude translation if you will."turtle hard on soup" I bet Mr. know it all chefrob does not even know how to catch one in the mating mode much less cook it.
                        wow, someone is grumpy! while certainly don't claim to know everything you seem to think otherwise. i have learned much from people here and i contnue to learn from everyone dispite their skill level in any cooking situation. sorry about yer chip..........
                        sigpic
                        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

wow, someone is grumpy! while certainly don't claim to know everything you seem to think otherwise. i have learned much from people here and i contnue to learn from everyone dispite their skill level in any cooking situation. sorry about yer chip..........
                          Craig
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                            Kyote
                            ....and as for Chefrob and his foot in the ass recipe. He does not no crap about cooking Offal. at least he thinks he knows about it. he is just the fair meat eater of the mexican culture. here is another recipe for him to try and figure out. a crude translation if you will."turtle hard on soup" I bet Mr. know it all chefrob does not even know how to catch one in the mating mode much less cook it.

Hmm I didn't see where this was warranted..
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Oh Heck yea...When I lived Texas.....read in Abliene, Anson,Brownwood, Brady ,Stephenville,Mesquite,San Angleo,Luders/Avoca, Haley. Spring, Spring Branch, College Station, Austin, NTS etc ya get the picture...over 15 years of Loveing the Lone Star State and haveing the LSS love me back...(it is easy if ya give it half a chance.)
                              Been to my fair share of Festivals put on by the locals and have had a few Partys thrown for me by friends...from both sides of the boarder,,,Think grad party/Festivals for my students that would not have finnished with out the extra Push of a Prof..that wouldn't give up...

Cabrito ( kid goat) is good ......as is older Goat that is grass fed...Low and slow and with the right touch a thing of beauty...

Now Head stuffed in stomach and other Ofal,,,dont know...I just dont eat what I would just take to the trash...

Fiber Meat is me,,,,,Non Fiberious tissue is Not me....On a side note

I too did not see where a dig was commeing from? I have I missed something? I have nothing but positive to say of all here....?
                              Last edited by Okie joe; 05-12-2010, 04:43 PM. Reason: spe;l
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X