ABT Holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABT Holders

I made a batch of ABT's last year for the first time and they were a big hit... especially for being so simple... half'ed the peppers and tossed on a little chunk of pepperjack cheese on them. tossed on the smoker for a couple hours and they turned out great. no noticable heat... just really good flavor. maybe that was the beer drowning out the heat, but either way, they were pretty good.

this spring, i want to try a little more advanced batches. one of the recipies that I want to use requires the peppers to be stood on end and filled like little cups. I have plenty of stainless steel scraps at my disposal... I just need a way to hold them. my thought is to make some holders, but my problem is the size... what diameter holes do you guys think would be best? i am thinking about 3/4", but i don;t want to make them too big or too small. so i guess my question is, what is the average sized hole that I need to put in these things?

Later,
    Andy
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

if yer going to wrap them with bacon i would do at least 1'' to 1 1/4''
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Make 2 plates with 1" or so holes, and allow them to slide one above the other... poof! Adjustable holes!

PS: Removed the other thread... wasn't really fitting in with the tool crib. Err..well, maybe it was...anyway...it's gone.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

lol... no worries. it was fun while it lasted. lol

as far as the adjustable holes go, i never thought of that. I might have to look into it a bit more. find a good way to have them adjustable, but not let them move while they are loaded up and being moved around. I am thinking that I have found another idea for a group buy. lol

Later,
        Andy
        Current babies:
        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
        -RichTee's Lang :)
        Former Lineup:
        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Washers

I was searching for a thread that I saw that someone used regular flat washers tig welded together. Not sure if they were stainless or not.

The holes in the ones i see at the stores seem like they would be a little small for the peppers I use.

Comment

The holes in the pepper holder I got at Gander Mountain are 1" . Keep in mind that peppers shrink when they cook. I've had several peppers that fit the rack well, shrink and fall through the holes until I started putting toothpicks through them. And I grow the largest jalapenos I can find.

Comment

Working...
            X