No announcement yet.

Recommend a outdoor canopy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another thought, you can order basically any size tarp in just aboot any material you can think of online...... I need a covered BBQ area on me patio & have been thinking of going this route..... Seen a couple cool & simple outdoor setups in restaurants for dining outdoor under cover.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions folks but I think I have decided to go a different direction than a canopy. Wind is always a problem with them. The 9' patio umbrella serves pretty well actually as it keeps me dry in rain or snow when I'm cooking. The smoker chugs along just fine once it's warmed up as I found out a couple weeks ago when I was out cooking in wet snow all day.

I am toying with this idea however. I'm thinking about having a table fabricated that fits over my wood bin and extends forward to cover the propane burners. The table would be designed to swing out to the side with fold down legs and could be used as a serving table or another prep table. When not being used it would protect the wood and propane burners from the elements. I think thats money better spent than a canopy. Whatcha all think

Here is a pic of the wood bin and propane burners to get an idea of what I mean. I think this could be done at a reasonable cost.

G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Originally posted by 3montes View Post
        Thanks for all the suggestions folks but I think I have decided to go a different direction than a canopy. Wind is always a problem with them. The 9' patio umbrella serves pretty well actually as it keeps me dry in rain or snow when I'm cooking. The smoker chugs along just fine once it's warmed up as I found out a couple weeks ago when I was out cooking in wet snow all day.

I am toying with this idea however. I'm thinking about having a table fabricated that fits over my wood bin and extends forward to cover the propane burners. The table would be designed to swing out to the side with fold down legs and could be used as a serving table or another prep table. When not being used it would protect the wood and propane burners from the elements. I think thats money better spent than a canopy. Whatcha all think

Here is a pic of the wood bin and propane burners to get an idea of what I mean. I think this could be done at a reasonable cost.

If I picture this correctly, it would always be in your way.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

wouldn't be in the way if it swung out over the wheel arch.

Guess it depends how tall you are. As with you standing on the ground it would be quite high up.

Can't see any other problem.
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thats what I had in mind CA with the ability to swing all the way back to the rear. The pic is deceiving in how high the smoker is. The top of the wood bin falls just below waist heigth. Also the legs would have to be independently adjustable for uneven ground. The more I think about it the better I like the idea.
            G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Working...
            X