Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you all think of this? I know its been asked before

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006T7..._SY115&simLd=1
    Thinking of upgrading. Currently have the 5lb LEM with steel gears. Works great I just get tired of refilling. I usually do 12# batches. This maybe overkill but it's a good price. I do worry bout snack sticks but this looks more durable than the Lem or cabelas models. I'm thinking my Lem may find a new home otherwise I wouldn't care too much. Reviews seem good. $2 more than the 15 pounder.
    sigpic

Looks like a good deal and nice unit.. I'm still using the old fashion kitchen aid way for sausage. I would think you would enjoy it. Just my $.02...Mike
    old red electric char-broiler smoker
    converted cast-iron bbq smoker
    newly acquired used Cajun injector xl

Comment

if you do upgrade and think about selling your LEM, I might be interested if the price is right and I can justify it to my wife.
      Mike
      Life In Pit Row

Comment

It will cost less to ship it to me...Just sayin...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know, googled the company and couldn't find anything. I'm leery of that. I did read one person had the o-ring go bad and had a hell of a time finding one that fit. Anyone have one similar to this? Does it hold up with snack sticks?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
            I don't know, googled the company and couldn't find anything. I'm leery of that. I did read one person had the o-ring go bad and had a hell of a time finding one that fit. Anyone have one similar to this? Does it hold up with snack sticks?
            I can't find much on it either. I'd be pretty leery myself. Probably cheap chinese junk.

I was able to find that MTN Gearsmith is a trademark of Eggi Holding LLC out of california which appears to be an import/export company, so that doubles my feelings that it's cheap chinese junk. Everything I see online about EGGI talks about dealings with companies like WUJIANG WANPING LONGHUA, Taizhou Gainyear, Wuyi Nuotu Trade Co.,ltd and a bunch of others similar.

Personally, I'd probably pass on it. But then if the deal is right and you know what you're up against, it might be a good deal. Just know going into it that you're more than likely getting a cheap knockoff of a good stuffer with ill fitting parts that will be impossible to replace.
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Working...
            X