Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even taking the dog for a walk can cost you money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even taking the dog for a walk can cost you money...

A Hobart service center moved in behind our house earlier this year. As you know Hobart does food service equipment for grocery stores and restaraunts. Scales, meat slicers, grinders etc. This place is tucked back in the woods in a small menards type building on a road hardly anyone even knows is there.
    Not a retail location what so ever, beleive me.

So I'm out taking the family pet unit for a walk and we are walking by the place. A guy walks out carrying steam table pans and covers while a person behind him is carrying a meat slicer and loading it in his car. The guy carrying the meat slicer is an employee of Hobart. I overhear the other guy say "it's nice to know you sell the steam tables and other stuff here.

Of course I had to go see for myself. Mistake! I can now see where my reitrement stash is going! They have anything you could want in used equipment. Meat slicers, steam tables, pans and covers, sausage grinders, popcorn machines, pizza ovens, deep fryers!!!

I already have a table top food steamer with all the pans I bought from a pizza place going out of biz but I still picked up on a couple of pans and covers. I will use these inside the smoker for baked beans and mac and cheese rather than foil pans from now on. Foil pans are getting spendy. I picked up on these two pans and covers up for a 10 spot! Going to have to find a different route to walk the dog I guess!

G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Nice score!!!! I need one of those places around here. Or maybe not!!!
    Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Nice! I'm afraid I'd be in there looking for a meat tenderizer/cuber.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

what's a steam table ?
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

so glad i have no idea where one of these are...........
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
            what's a steam table ?
            It's a table to keep food warm via (water) that's made into steam under the pans....
            Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
            Weber 22.5" WSM
            Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
            Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
            Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
            Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
            Weber Smokey Joe
            GMG Daniel Boone
            Pit Barrel Cooker
            Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
            6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
            Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
            The Vortex

Comment

aardvark..A steam table or as some call them a food warmer is just a electric (sometimes gas) table that allows you to keep food warm for serving. If you have ever gone to a buffet I'm sure you have seen them. Mine is very similar to this one.

You put a couple of inches of water in the bottom of the unit turn it on and it heats the water which in turn heats the pans and whatever you have in them. You can also put one to three pans in them in whatever configuration you want. I picked mine up with all the pans and covers for $50 at a pizza restaraunt that was going out of biz! They are very handy if you do alot of entertaining which we do here at G Spot BBQ!

Comment

Them pans are sweet. You have me on ebay now looking for some. Dreaded you!!!
                Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Originally posted by ganny76 View Post
                  Them pans are sweet. You have me on ebay now looking for some. Dreaded you!!!
                  You should be able to find them online at restaraunt supply web stores. Might save you some bucks over Ebay. Google used restaraunt equipment and you should have lots to choose from. Or try Craigslist in your area you might get a hit there too.

They are great pans and they clean up very nicely. My goal is to get as far away from using foil as I can. The last roll of hd 18" foil I bought was almost $6 at Wally. Pans are getting up to $3 a piece and more depending on what size you get. Buy steam table pans once and your done.

Comment

Working...
                  X