• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foodsavers

Daughter wants to know what I want for Christmas

Know this has be done before.
    Which model

I bought the one from costco with a coupon. Their return policy is excellent (unless you are on an employee card....don't get me started....) and the unit I got hasn't had an issue since I bought it last year. Coupon took 20 bucks off. They eree running it last month but not sure about now. I'd think they'll do it again before Christmas though. Goes on sale frequently.
    I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

I got mine at Sears about 15 years ago & it is still working very well, like new. I don't know which moder would be equivalent now but mine is th every basic one. The newer ones have a few more features. I don't think you can go wrong with any of 'em. JMHO.
      MES 30"
      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
      Weber 22" kettle
      E-Z-Que rotisserie
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Big Weber Gasser
      Cracker Smoker
      UDS

Comment

Mine recently broke & am borrowing my buddies professional II and it sure is nice. Not sure if they still make it or not. Really heavy motor & can run fully automatic
        sigpic

Comment

Got mine at the Sams Club about 4 years ago, and still going strong. Its sealed up a pretty good amount of sausage and wild game. Around $129.00 IIRC. That being said, it will NOT do repetitive seals for very long before you have to let it cool down, maybe 20 or so. If you will being doing a large volume at one time, I would opt for one of the Gamesaver versions that state that they will do repetitive sealing. For now I just do something else while it cools off and then hit it again.
          sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

I haven't looked but usually Foodsaver runs a really great special on bags and I think machines around this time of year.
            Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

Comment

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
              Got mine at the Sams Club about 4 years ago, and still going strong. Its sealed up a pretty good amount of sausage and wild game. Around $129.00 IIRC. That being said, it will NOT do repetitive seals for very long before you have to let it cool down, maybe 20 or so. If you will being doing a large volume at one time, I would opt for one of the Gamesaver versions that state that they will do repetitive sealing. For now I just do something else while it cools off and then hit it again.
              Good point. I don't do crazy amounts of sealing but I do a fair amount sometimes and it does get hot. I can see how you'd have to let it cool for a bit.
              I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

Just got an email this morning from Amazon. They are running 30% off on most Foodsaver models. I may have to get me one.
                G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Nice prices.. My only challenge is not knowing which model. I have zero experience with these things

Comment

Originally posted by 1Cavman View Post
                    Nice prices.. My only challenge is not knowing which model. I have zero experience with these things
                    Same here. However my philosophy of you get what you pay for is generally true. I would expect that in a item like this that philosophy would hold particularly true. I would spend as much as you are willing to pay.
                    i will add the reviews on Amazon are a good indicator.

Comment

For what it's worth, the 2 or 3 (cant remember) that I bought over the past 20+- years all cost around $100.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1Cavman View Post
                        They change models about as often as I change underw.... welll, not really. But it is hard to say which as they change them often. Don't get the small one cause it won't seal gallon size or large rolls. You don't need ALL the bells and whistles but the automatic feature is real nice. Mine also has a "wet" mode which helps but you still have to watch to not get fluid init cause they don like dat. Not at all! I would say a middle (?) model that will handle the wide rolls. If it has a built in roll cutter that is nice also, but not necessary. Mine rusted out bout 2 years ago an scissors work fine (don't make a replacement). Mine also has the ability to vac FS containers but I haven't used that function....as I already have enough...STUFF in the kitchen to figgur out bout where to store!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                          They change models about as often as I change underw.... welll, not really. But it is hard to say which as they change them often. Don't get the small one cause it won't seal gallon size or large rolls. You don't need ALL the bells and whistles but the automatic feature is real nice. Mine also has a "wet" mode which helps but you still have to watch to not get fluid init cause they don like dat. Not at all! I would say a middle (?) model that will handle the wide rolls. If it has a built in roll cutter that is nice also, but not necessary. Mine rusted out bout 2 years ago an scissors work fine (don't make a replacement). Mine also has the ability to vac FS containers but I haven't used that function....as I already have enough...STUFF in the kitchen to figgur out bout where to store!
                          This was most informative. Thanks. I have been watching this thread for guidance.
                          Weber Smoky Joe
                          18" Weber Silver
                          22.5" Weber Gold
                          22.5" Weber Silver
                          UDS X 2
                          Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                          Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                          Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                          Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                          Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                          Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                          Blackstone three burner flat top
                          5" AMZNPS
                          Vortex x 2
                          Maverick ET 73
                          Maverick ET 732
                          Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                          Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                          Pitmaster iQue 110
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            as I already have enough...STUFF in the kitchen to figgur out bout where to store!
                            Yep I'm always reluctant to add another gadget that I have to find a place for which is why I haven't purchased one of these yet. Plus the fact I don't really have a food spoilage issue now. If something does go in the freezer it usually dosen't stay in there long before it gets eaten.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-Pro-...ews/B00063RVEO

Oh Crap! I see it's not available... anyway..this one has rocked for me for Hmm... 3 years of pretty stiff usage...

The Gamesavers appear the way to go....
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X