No announcement yet.

Deep Fryers? Thoughts? Your thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Fryers? Thoughts? Your thoughts...

After enjoying country fried steak the other night it left me thinking that a good fryer would be nice to have on the days when it's raining or time is tight and cooking indoors would just be more convenient. So I'm looking at some of the fryers out there. Emeril has one that has the oil storage container built in so when your done you turn a valve and the oil drains through a filter into the storage container. You then remove it and into your pantry. Some of you may own another make of fryer. Emeril I have found for $109. What do you have and what do you think of it. I'm wanting some fried chicken!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8F-KjPSklrY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Oil filtration system. I'm going to buy this one meself.

Comment

Check out the reviews on this site.

http://www.cooking.com/deep-fryer-wi...fal_109433_11/

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
        Oil filtration system. I'm going to buy this one meself.
        Cheryl it looks like there are two sizes.

1.8 liter - $94 Macy's /Amazon
        3.3 liter - $149 Macy's /Amazon
        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
        Yoder Wichita
        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Made by T-Fal. Might be able to get the same darn thing w/o his name on it for cheaper???? It's just me so I am totally happy with my fry-daddy. For bigger items I use my CI dutch oven.

94 bucks at Target...
          http://www.target.com/p/t-fal-ultima...FQQOaQodvZoAxw

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
            Cheryl it looks like there are two sizes.

1.8 liter - $94 Macy's /Amazon
            3.3 liter - $149 Macy's /Amazon
            You want the largest you can power up with your residential service. Larger capacity means less of a heat drop when you first drop what ever you are cooking into the grease, and more watts = quicker recovery time....
            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I dunno, I've had a couple electric deep fryers and they all seem too small / under powered for me. To do a batch of chicken strips for the family dinner would take an hour 'cause I'd have to do a couple, let them cook, pull them out and let the oil recover, do another couple, etc. Pain in the ass. I think from now on I'm just going to stick with deep frying in a big cast iron pot.
              Mike
              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Definitely going for the big one. Bigger IS better, don't care what nobody says.

Comment

Definitely going for the big one. Bigger IS better, don't care what nobody says.
                  I ain't sayin' nothin'...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Bought the Emeril off QVC about 6 months ago....meh..it's OK. Loved the filtration system...until I used it..such a fine screen it is always clogging up! If you don't take a silicone spoon and keep moving the debris away it takes DAYS to drain. Than it leaks over the top off the plastic reservoir so you are always cleaning it. Cleaning is easy, everything comes apart and it heats up well. I forgot how much I HATE the smell of deep fried foods in the house...save your money. This is what I bought
                    Attached Files
                    22" Weber Gold
                    26" Weber
                    BGE XL
                    MES40
                    Meadow Creek TS120 with BBQ42 Chicken cooker
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by notbobvilla View Post
                      Bought the Emeril off QVC about 6 months ago....meh..it's OK. Loved the filtration system...until I used it..such a fine screen it is always clogging up! If you don't take a silicone spoon and keep moving the debris away it takes DAYS to drain. Than it leaks over the top off the plastic reservoir so you are always cleaning it. Cleaning is easy, everything comes apart and it heats up well. I forgot how much I HATE the smell of deep fried foods in the house...save your money. This is what I bought
                      Good to know. I thought about looking for a used commercial one. Not sure if that is even possible though. I agree with Rob in that it would be nice to have on hand.

Comment

Good to know. I thought about looking for a used commercial one. Not sure if that is even possible though. I agree with Rob in that it would be nice to have on hand.
                        Sure, you can get one. Get it converted to propane, put it on casters, and wheel it outside to cook.

Access to a commercial sized deep fryer is something I miss the most from my Culinary career.....
                        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Working...
                        X