Pork Roll Sandwich.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Roll Sandwich.....

I made some pork roll sandwiches for dinner last night. We do a lot of breakfast for dinner but this was a new one for us. It's basically an egg mcmuffin but better. I'm sure this is not new to a lot of you but it was to us. I even found Taylor Prok Roll at our grocery deli

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

• 4 slices pork roll, such as Taylor (about 6 ounces) I used 1/2 lb for 6 sandwiches.
    • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    • 4 kaiser rolls, split in half and toasted
    • 4 large eggs
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • 4 slices American cheese
    • Ketchup, for serving, optional (used Habenero Tabasco instead)

Directions

Score the edges of the pork roll slices in 3 or 4 places. This will keep the slices flat and prevent them from buckling as they cook.

Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork slices in one layer and brown well on both sides, about 6 minutes. Remove the slices and place one on top of each toasted roll bottom.

Reduce the heat to medium-low and crack the eggs into the skillet. Break each yolk with the corner of your spatula. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. After about 2 minutes, flip the eggs and continue cooking on the other side.

Immediately place a slice of American cheese on top of each egg. Cover with a lid to melt the cheese, about 30 seconds.

Place each egg and cheese quadrant on top of a browned pork roll slice. At this point you can squeeze ketchup on top if desired. Top with the other half of the roll.

The basic ingredients. I also lightly buttered and toasted the Kaiser Rolls. It 'worked great as they were lighter than I expected.

Then it was just a matter of cooking them up. One thing that has always gone great with eggs is Tabasco sauce. It's the only thing I ever use it for. In this case, we used the Habenero version.

Nothing fancy and like I said, basically an egg mcmuffin but better. WE enjoyed them.

Thanks for looking.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

I'll have to disagree Pete. That's not even in the same league as an egg mcmuffin.

You'll get pork roll from me every time!
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
      Dang Pete. That's MUCH mo betta than what they serve around here! Nicely done Sir!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sneaking a little NorthEast Chow, Huh?!?!

Glad you like it, Pete!!

You did that Pork Roll Proud!!---

Nice Job!!

Bear
        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Indeed WAY better than any McEgg thing I ever had...

I hope to try this pork roll someday
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Nicely done Pete! Looks tasty. Love a good breakfast sandwich
            sigpic

Comment

Nice.One of the things I miss not getting on a regular basis after moving up here.Pork Roll is awesome,With egg and cheese is even better.

Comment

Working...
              X