Blues hog rub and smokey mountain sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues hog rub and smokey mountain sauce

Found a bbq today I didn't know was around, went in and tasted a bunch of stuff and settled on blues hog rub and smokey mountain sauce. Tried the tenn red, not my cup of tea at all! Gonna grab some St. Louis style ribs in the morning and give it a go for the game! Anyone use this sauce and rub? Really liked the sweetness of it!!!

Let's go buffalo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard of it. Looking forward to your review
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I have only had a couple jars of Blues Hog, and I liked it. Red mixed with regular 50/50 was a glaze that a former member here that was part of a very sucessful comp team used on ribs. It was pretty good IMO.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        I have only had a couple jars of Blues Hog, and I liked it. Red mixed with regular 50/50 was a glaze that a former member here that was part of a very sucessful comp team used on ribs. It was pretty good IMO.
        Excellent stuff for sure. I used that mix when I was competing...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

We are fans of the 50/50 combo. See if you can track down some Head Country original if you like the sweeter side. Bone Sucking Sauce is not bad.
          sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
            We are fans of the 50/50 combo. See if you can track down some Head Country original if you like the sweeter side. Bone Sucking Sauce is not bad.

I did see bone sucking sauce, I will take a look for head country next time I go!

Comment

Originally posted by krisjade34 View Post
              I did see bone sucking sauce, I will take a look for head country next time I go!

It's pretty thin. I have similar recipe somewhere on the forum. It's rather good for basting and as a foiling juice for pulled pork, etc...
              sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Woooooooo this stuff is awesome! Rubbed them down with mustard and hit them with the blues hog rub. The last hour I brushed on the blues hog smokey mountain sauce! Wow, awesome sweet smokey flavor. This is my new favorite sauce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X