Comment

way to go AJ!!
      ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Nice score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all! I finished the butchering this morning. All in the freezer except for a few items I am going to turn into jerky and some of Bear's Dried Beef (elk). I will get to the grinding next weekend. Too whooped to play any more with it. It is a good thing the draw for next year's season is in April. It give the mind some time to forget how much work and painful these things are once they hit the ground.

Comment

Nice work!

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk
            Good One Heritage Oven
            Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
              Thanks all! I finished the butchering this morning. All in the freezer except for a few items I am going to turn into jerky and some of Bear's Dried Beef (elk). I will get to the grinding next weekend. Too whooped to play any more with it. It is a good thing the draw for next year's season is in April. It give the mind some time to forget how much work and painful these things are once they hit the ground.
              The elk has got to make some great dried "beef"...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!

Curious if you bone out the quarters in the field, at the cabin, or do you just ice everything down and do it at home?

My average deer dressed is a little more than one of your quarters.....

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                  Yea the brush and palmettos are so thick here it is painful just to get a deer out, much less an elk. Luckily we do forget by next year!

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                  Congratulations!

Curious if you bone out the quarters in the field, at the cabin, or do you just ice everything down and do it at home?

My average deer dressed is a little more than one of your quarters.....
                  Mine is a bit less!
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Congratulations!
                    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                    Weber Smokey Joe
                    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                    Pink Thermapen
                    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Thanks all! I am in the process of doing the grind work and making jerky his weekend. When I lived in Northern Virginia, I shot my share of the dinky deer. That is what drove me to learn to process my own critters. I was shooting 4 deer per year and at $75-$90 a pop to get them butchered, It only took a few years to pay for my grinder, stuffer, mixer, etc. Folks give me some elk, deer, or oryx that they have professionally done and I have to do a lot of work to it to make it suit my standards. Thanks to this site, it's just like BBQ. My standards have been raised.

Comment

Working...
                      X