Meat Mixer Review w/Tons of Pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Review

I have been looking at one of these, to add to the man cave. I have a 30 quart mixer that I use the dough hook on currently.

This may be a good replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
      I have been looking at one of these, to add to the man cave. I have a 30 quart mixer that I use the dough hook on currently.

This may be a good replacement.
      Hows the KA work? Say for a 10# batch. I don't even care for the dough hook much for dough, it always crawls outta the bowl.
      sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by mulepackin View Post
        Hows the KA work? Say for a 10# batch. I don't even care for the dough hook much for dough, it always crawls outta the bowl.
        Jim, I use my KA for smaller batches, usually 5 lb batches. It works great as long as everything is ice cold. I freeze the bowl and dough hook before I get started just to make sure. I have posted videos here of it mixing 10 lbs. And it did a great job, until I added the cheese. So under 10 lbs for the 6 qt Pro 600 is about all it will do without making a mess.

Tom

Comment

well it arrived today. Nice quality build - lookes like cleaner welds than in gunnys pics too

After 30 seonds of perusing the put together unit I decided on my first mod.
          It needs a shorter handle. I might not always want to have it at the end of a work bench.
          Going to get one made so that I can use it on a flat surface.
          And before you ask - yes I'll be able to turn the handle, hell these days I could probably hand crank a cement mixer
          In fact I'll be able to put a lot more oomph in with a shorter handle. I've only got short arms you know

Shorter handle and some little feet and I'll be able to hold it down with one hand and crank with the other. Make it a bit more versatile situation wise.

So that's my mates next job at work
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

It needs a shorter handle. I might not always want to have it at the end of a work bench.
            What about just making a 4" base for it?
            Maybe something on the heavy side with some sort of a slide-in foot lock?
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              What about just making a 4" base for it?
              Maybe something on the heavy side with some sort of a slide-in foot lock?
              Thats what I'm thinking also Rich, where you could take it off a storage shelf, slide the feet into there "shoes" & tighten down on something to keep them secure, or something behind the "shoes" to keep them in place Those quick one hand clamps?
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write up this review Gunslinger. I've been on the fence about buying one, mainly cuase i hate the clean up part of sausage making and don't really want anything else to wash.
                I've been going for larger batches lately, 10lb instead of 5's and I think ya sold me on one.
                sigpic

Comment

Toggle Clamps are pretty handy. Under 5 bucks each at harbor freight. hold 200 lbs each

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                    Toggle Clamps are pretty handy. Under 5 bucks each at harbor freight. hold 200 lbs each
                    Yep, that would do it just fine Lee

CA, you are gonna lose some leverage if you cut them handles down I think.... 25 lbs of meat is gonna be a workout.... And if you cut them handles down you are gonna have Popeye type biceps instead of the long lean sculpted toned muscles that all of us men in the states have...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Yep, that would do it just fine Lee

CA, you are gonna lose some leverage if you cut them handles down I think.... 25 lbs of meat is gonna be a workout.... And if you cut them handles down you are gonna have Popeye type biceps instead of the long lean sculpted toned muscles that all of us men in the states have...
                      well it only takes 17lb - not the 25 I originally thought lol
                      Going to give it a good clean today and maybe try it out on some summer sausage at the weekend.

my basic weight for a shoulder press is 230 lbs for sets of 5 repititions, these days I never use a lower weight. I've got the arm muscles lol.

I am planning on giving it some feet as well, but I still need a shorter handle. the revolution of the original is quite uncomfortable for me, like I said short arms :-) . I will actually be able to crank faster and easier with a shorter handle.

As far as clean up goes the paddles come out very quickly and easily, the unit itself should be able to sit in most domestic sinks. so that shouldn't pose a problem.

Looking forward to using it
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Well at least I can take that stupid clamp pic out of my sig. Only way I new how to put it on there

Comment

Actually another reason for a shorter handle and some feet is so that I can turn the unit round and crank with my other arm.
                          I'm pretty ambidextrous and If I'm mixing a fair bit then I'll definitely be wanting to switch arms. Which is going to be somewhat problematical if it's bolted or clamped to a work surface.

Gave it a good wash today. Fits nicely into the sink for a serious clean. Doesn't really show very well but the holes for the paddle and handle are well below the edge of the sink, so you just fill it with hot soapy water till it hits the holes and clean away. Also light and small enough to handle that it's easy to dry.
                          Haven't mixed any meat with it yet. But it's ready to go now :-)

I think generally It'll probably just get a good wipe out. Once you remove the paddle there aren't really any areas that are likely to catch and hold bits.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by curious aardvark; 02-07-2011, 10:43 AM.
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                          X