No announcement yet.

make your own walk in cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

presumably you could also use something liek this as a salami & cheese ageing room ?
    which I think need more or less the same conditions.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Good thread. I was thinking about making a similar room out in the chicken shack to serve as a root cellar. We have a high water table here and flat land as well. No opportunity to dig into a hillside for a root cellar. So the thought was to build something very similar to what you have. For a root cellar though, we'd only need to keep it around 50 degrees F.

Bottom line: you just cost me more money.
      sigpic
      www.CarriageStone.com

Comment

Re:

Here in Ohio we have tornado's from time to time that destroy refer trailers.
        I know some salvage guys who go out and buy the refrigeration units off the totaled trailer and take them home and check them out to make sure they are still working correctly.

Their big market for them are the Amish. They build walk in's using these
        similarly. They just won't use electric. Their walk in may be larger but they likely have several families using it.

Just a thought.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

My family is in the flower industry and we use the coolbot on the holidays as easily expandable cold storage.

They work great and are cheap.

Comment

Working...
          X