Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progressive Smoke: 4th of July Brisket, Burnt Ends and a Pizza Fattie on the Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep that is one great plate!! Nice job!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

That looks awesome. I have decided to hold off on my first brisket until I get my maverick. I will be referencing this thread when for sure. I can only find flats right now . What do they do with the points I wonder ?
      Weber Smoky Joe
      18" Weber Silver
      22.5" Weber Gold
      22.5" Weber Silver
      UDS X 2
      Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
      Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
      Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
      Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
      Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
      Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
      Blackstone three burner flat top
      5" AMZNPS
      Vortex x 2
      Maverick ET 73
      Maverick ET 732
      Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
      Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
      Pitmaster iQue 110
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tenacious bee View Post
        That looks awesome. I have decided to hold off on my first brisket until I get my maverick. I will be referencing this thread when for sure. I can only find flats right now . What do they do with the points I wonder ?
        Do you have a Wal-Mart around you? You should be able to pick up a whole packer there for $2.50 or so a lb. I talked to a buddy that is a manager for a major meat distributor (Cargill) in KS. He said that they cut the point off because they can charge more for having (cleaned up the fat) on the meat, also it's easier to sell a flat than a point due to sheer size. Finally he said they'll use the fatty point as a mix in hamburger. I guess it's a cheap and easy way to get some fat into less fatty ground meats. All of it minus the 3rd explanation are pretty stupid, as the point is by far the best part IMO (burnt ends) and it helps the flat stay moist during the cook.
        Don

Humphrey's Pint
        Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
        Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
        Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
        Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
        Anova One Sous Vide
        AMPS
        Purple Thermapen
        Maverick ET-733
        DigIQ DX2
        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Normally I love my veggies but if it's between eating a few veggies or another slice of brisket or few more burnt ends those veggies can go fudge themselves!
          Been soooo long since I have done a packer I got major meat envy right now, really fantastic looking!

And to anyone who hasn't tried doing burnt ends yet you shouldn't wait one second longer, believe me you won't be sorry and it's worth the extra work.

Love them so much I once did a full packer into burnt ends, was OK but the point obviously works out so much better so please people, I'm begging you to do some burnt ends. If for no other reason that for me to look at the pictures and drool
          There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X