No announcement yet.

2011 March of Dimes Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys and gals, I'm just now dragging me arse around! That's the first time I've ever done a straight through like that - Started at 5:00 Friday morning and my head t-boned the pillow about 10:30 Saturday night. I've got an idea of what you Comp'ers deal with now!!

Originally posted by THE__DRIFTER View Post
    Looks good there and a heck of a lot of work. Hoping to start a similar thing here for special Olympics. Looking forward to your followup.
    Thanks, Drifter!

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Very cool "W"! That's alotta pulling...phew!
    No !@#$, Rich!! I had lots a good help.

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
    Keep me up to date, Tracey and I'll come help with the pulling. Hope it's not raining too hard over there. I hear it drizzling on the skylight this morning.
    Thanks, pard!!

Originally posted by bbally View Post
    See ya there Tracy!!!!
    Right on!! - Thanks, Bob.

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
    Hey Tracey,

I remember your event from last year...what a feast and what a great thing you are doing. This year's event, man you are really amping it up...20 butts?? I hope Keith is gonna help process those because that's a lot of work. I know you are gonna have another awesome success. Walle is working hard today. Beautiful pics of Walle filled to the brim.

Good luck with the rest of the day. for your commitment to a worthwhile event and the great thing you are doing.

Dana
    Dana, thank you very much. Yeah, I think I hit the high water mark at 20 butts and no more room for shelves . If I ever find myself facing a crowd that can't be calmed with 20 butts... I have Keith and Bob's phone numbers!!
    Can't wait to see how the chickens do on Tuesday.

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
    Great job on those butts Tracey. All the best to ya on the event...
    Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
    I am so proud of people like you who donate so much to help folks. Thank you for what you do and please know that you make us very proud to be your friend
    Zeeker/Scar - thank you both very much.

Comment

Had to say Thanks first... here's an update on the butts.

I started the fire at 11:45 pm on Friday and had the butt's in by 12:30am Sat morning. I smoked them at 235* for nine hours and then panned and foiled them until 1:30 when the largest but was at 188*... stay with me here folks... At that point, I just killed my fire and let them set until 4:30 pm and we started in on the pulling.

188*? in the past, when I've taken butts to 200*+, I've been a little disappointed with the "mushy" texture - especially if it's a large batch to be reheated. By cutting the fire and letting them set in their juices for another 3 hours, they were perfect. Still pulled excellent, and ended up with a "good bite through" on a test samich last night.... So, like anything, it's all up to personal preference, but I thought the results were note worthy for anyone planning a large feed with a known re-heat in the end. If I were able to go straight to the table, I probably would have pulled at 195*.

Here's the "pulling line"

Had excellent smoke penetration. I used Hickory and Oak.

Ended up with seven heaping pans of pulled pork. Each pan received a small drizzle of Salt Lick, Sweet Baby Rays (maybe a 1/4 C. each), and little shake of Rudy's rub, were mixed, then we transferred to gallon zip locks which were flattened, iced down, and are now in the freezer.

Wheew!! Gotta clean up the smoker and get ready for brining chickens tomorrow night for the Tuesday morning smoke.

THANKS for checking out my post and all of your support. M.O.D.'s is a great cause - and you'z guy'z are a great bunch of people!

Tracey
      Last edited by WALLE; 04-10-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Looks like everyone did just fine, Tracey. Sorry I had to cancel out on you, but looking at the picture, I would probably have just been in the way. We're looking forward to Tuesday for the main event.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks great, and to you for helping out the March of Dimes

GOSM
          K.C.B.S Member # 60786
          Digital Thermometers
          Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
          140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

On to the chicken!!!

Cleaned Sam's Club out tonight with 22 whole chickens...and have 3 more flats of thighs on the way just in case.

I read EVERY ONE of NBD's CockSpatched posts so I felt comfortable with at least going half way...cut the backs out... I hope that was the right side... for an easier chop tomorrow.

I have these brining in Slaughter House brine, plan on giving them a good sprinkling of rub in the morning, and will have on the smoker by 4:00 am.

Thanks for checking out my post!
            Tracey

Comment

Wow... that's alot of spatchcocking! Careful you don't get tarpal cunnal... ;{)
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Dang. You must have 10 refrigerators to hold all that and the pulled pork!!
                Looks great!! Wish I lived closer.
                "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

W...you a good Man!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Tracey, Man you are putting in the work...and that is a bunch of Spatchin'...good thing we just recently had a SpatchedCocked clinic.

Good luck for an awesome smoke...be watchin'.
                    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I guess you've got it under control so I'll just stop in tomorrow for a pulled pork sandwich. Thanks for the update.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I will be by at lunch time!

You do a great job on this event!
                        Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

God Damn Photobucket!!! I got updates... but can't update!!

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                            XXX XXXX Photobucket!!! I got updates... but can't update!!
                            OK- SOMEONE has had too much coffee...
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Stopped by today to support Walle and the event.

Excellent barbeque, just excellent.

Well organized event and from what I could tell very well attended.

Saw Bassman there as well.... so the clientele is a little iffy but he seemed in good spirits and in good health. Walle looked like he had been cooking chickens since about 3:30 in the morning.

He has a great staff of volunteers that were serving, and making sides, etc. Nice event Tracy!
                              Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

I just got back from the event too. You did a fine job once again, Tracey! I'm giving you as well for all the hard work and the great barbeque.
                                I went out looking for Bob's new Harley, but he hid it real well. Course, he said we all need a few shots of Crown before I can ride it. Or maybe he didn't mean for me to have the shots.
                                sigpic
                                Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                                X