Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics thread from first S.E. Nebraska cook at Andy's place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics thread from first S.E. Nebraska cook at Andy's place!

We had a great time and thanks again to Andy and Amanda for hosting.
    I'll share my pics and stories and let Adam and Andy add to the thread.

The misfits; Me, Adam, and Andy.

My Ok Joe

Wutang Killa Drums

Adam brought his offset as well. Holdin down camp.

Andy's fridge conversion

Andy's insulated drum. Not sure what happened to the handle are we Wu?

Andy making last minute adjustments to his fire basket

I brought 4 slabs of Berkshire pork spare ribs

Also brought 3 split Berkshire heads. Trying something new today.

Let's do this

About half way-ish

Calling it done. Pulled the head at 170 in the cheek. Next time I would let it go higher.

Andy's brisket flat. We did burnt ends with the point. Didn't get pics of those. They were good though!

Wutang has shiny butts!

Our spread (including some foods I have not mentioned. Those guys will fill in the blanks)

My plate even after grazing all day. Cheek meat is the little piece in the top right.

My to go box!

A great day for sure. Looking forward to hanging out with these guys again.

Thanks for checking it out.

Dave

Looks like a great time, and what a FEAST!! WOW!!!!

Way to party guys!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Hey Dave, move your post to Multiple Meats.. Fits best in the forum..

Damn fine looking grub you and the Misfits kicked out... Did you do the vent stack mod to your Longhorn..Looks like the exhaust stack has been lowered below the grate from the outside..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

what a feast. the meat looked like ya did it before.
        sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
        nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Very cool cook. How did you like the cheek?
          Jerod
          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome spread for sure. Cool that you guys could put this together...I bet you didn't tell any "Fish Stories" either .
            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Good on ya'll! Some right nice chow there!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

for 3 of you !
                Impressed

Looks like a good day and some very fine food

so is wutang adam or andy ?
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Hey Dave, move your post to Multiple Meats.. Fits best in the forum..

Damn fine looking grub you and the Misfits kicked out... Did you do the vent stack mod to your Longhorn..Looks like the exhaust stack has been lowered below the grate from the outside..
                  Good eye. No I didn't mod it myself. The guy I bought the smoker from cut out a capsule shape around the exhaust and just flipped it around to bring the opening to grate level and then made a new stack for it. I love that thing. I'll get a pic of that side of the smoker when I get it back from Andy's place.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                    Very cool cook. How did you like the cheek?
                    Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

for 3 of you !
                    Impressed

Looks like a good day and some very fine food

so is wutang adam or andy ?
                    Wutang a.k.a. Adam.

The cheek was nothing special. I don't think it was cooked long enough. Pulled it off at 170. Next time I will foil the head and take to 200 like a shoulder. It did have an interesting chewy (almost like a gizzard) texture that intrigues me. Just didn't cook it long enough this time. I'd never tried doing this before and was kinda flying by the seat of my pants. Not discouraged though.

Dave

Comment

Looks great!
                      So, how was the Berkshire pork other than the head? Was it different or better than 'regular' pork. Could you tell the difference?
                      "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
                        Looks great!
                        So, how was the Berkshire pork other than the head? Was it different or better than 'regular' pork. Could you tell the difference?
                        The Berkshire is great IMO. Adam did ribs as well (I'm sure he'll post those later) I tried both and did notice a big difference in the texture. Berkshire is much more tender. Not at all dissing Adam's ribs. They were great. Just stating the difference between niche pork and commercial.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDave View Post
                          The misfits; Me, Adam, and Andy.

Andy's insulated drum. Not sure what happened to the handle are we Wu?
                          Those are some good looking guys.

And I think some jerk broke the handle. Whoever it was must be very strong.

I am uploading some pics now. I will add a bunch here pretty soon
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

I got a ton of pics too. So I will just give some quick descriptions along the way.

First some of the mandatory food pics.

A pair of butts on the UDS at about 3am

One of the butts getting foiled. The foiling mixture in the cup is brown sugar, honey, a little mustard and just enough apple juice stirred in to make it pourable.

Rolling a fattie. Homemade Italian sausage, pepperoni, fresh mozzerella

A couple slabs of trimmed spares. Rubbed and ready.

Butts on the bottom rack. Ribs and the fattie on the top

Fired up the offset for a bunch of chicken. The pan on the top rack is a beans & rice side dish.

Fattie is done

I had to take a pic of the pig head Dave brought as he got it started

The beans & rice dish. It is brown rice, bell peppers, onion, homemade turkey polish sausage, black beans and pinto beans.

My ribs out of the foil

Dave tending smoker

Ribs are done

Another shot of Dave's ribs and pig head

A couple people starting to eat. My wife in the red jacket facing the other way. My son standing on the chair. Andy's wife is there also. Dave sitting at the table too.

My chicken is almost done

My daughter said the ribs came out great.

My pulled pork all done

The pig head is starting to look good!

A wide shot of the abundance of smokers

Another shot of the head. This is just before he pulled it off

The spread

And the pic on my camera of the three of us. Dave, myself, Andy

I had a blast!!!!! Andy and his wife were gracious hosts. And my kids had fun playing with thier daughter. We had a great time. Plenty of food, plenty of beer.
                            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Man! Loved all the pics! You three are pretty hot!

The head creeped me out a little but I'll get over it Lots of great looking food man you fellas did it up right. Great job! Definitely points worthy but I'm all out! Hit you up tomorrow! Hugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X