Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics thread from first S.E. Nebraska cook at Andy's place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
    for 3 of you !
    Impressed
    That's what I was thinking.

Looks like a great feast and a fun time for sure.

Dave
    CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
    UDS 1.0
    Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I love threads that just keep getting more pix... this ROCKS!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

No problem guys... it was a b?ast and it was nice to finally taste some real Q from people who actually know what they are doing. Lol. We definitely need to do it again.

I'll get some pics up once I get them uploaded from my phone. I don't have nearly as many, but I have a couple that you guys don't...

Btw, my butt was finally pulled from the smoker at 11 last night... got in, took a shower, and got to bed a little after 1 after a couple other friends left... PERFECT night for the firepit. Anyway, that;s 1 hour of sleep (5-6AM Saturday morning) in a 43 hour period? lol. And to top it off, I was up and moving around at 8 this morning. Lol

Later,
        Andy
        Current babies:
        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
        -RichTee's Lang :)
        Former Lineup:
        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

How was the cheek/jowl?

Looks like fun for sure!
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice job fellas
            sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah you guys had some good chow, so I know ACZeller and Wutang but who is Dave? Is he on here as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                Hell yeah you guys had some good chow, so I know ACZeller and Wutang but who is Dave? Is he on here as well?
                Dave is GratefulDave. Helluva guy. We had a blast. We gotta do this again soon.
                KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Looks like fun. I am not gonna lie my favorite pic is the one of all the food on the table. Y'all rocked that sumbitch!

Comment

looks like you guys rocked the place

food, friends, family, and fun... i dont think it gets much better. thanks for sharing the pic's.
                    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Looks Great Guys, To bad the weather wasn't a little warmer this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        How was the cheek/jowl?

Looks like fun for sure!
                        Hey Rich. The cheek was just ok. I pulled the head out at 170 and just cut the circular cheek muscle out and sliced it up. It had a diff texture, a bit more chewy (I was expecting that). but I think it was not cooked long enough. I still have two more heads I may cook up tomorrow. If I do I will foil at 170 and take all the way up to 200.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          How was the cheek/jowl?

Looks like fun for sure!
                          The cheek was ok. Like Dave mentioned, it probably could have gone a bit longer in the smoker. Dave also sliced the tongue. Now that was pretty damn good.
                          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

i have had beef tongue, but never pork interesting... i may have to look for that
                            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDave View Post
                              Hey Rich. The cheek was just ok. I pulled the head out at 170 and just cut the circular cheek muscle out and sliced it up. It had a diff texture, a bit more chewy (I was expecting that). but I think it was not cooked long enough. I still have two more heads I may cook up tomorrow. If I do I will foil at 170 and take all the way up to 200.

Dave
                              Considering headcheese? Mmmm...
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Ya, the tongue was actually pretty good. Very dense, not at all rubbery and had a nice smoke ring and didn't need to be peeled like I hear a beef tongue does. This was the first time I'd tried smoking a head. The next ones will be better I almost certain.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X