• Show
Clear All

so I watched the video - love the new intro

But you know we like pics too

Attached Files
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

GREAT STUFF! This is what I had been waiting for since I saw the facebook post. As with all your recipes I'd just change a few things. I'd skewer the shrimp and put those on the grates. I'd add onions with the shrooms, and I'd pull the steaks at 145°. Those are not criticisms just personal preferences for how I like my food. That said I'd never have gotten the idea w/o the video.
      Last edited by gmotoman; 05-06-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
        GREAT STUFF! This is what I had been waiting for since I saw the facebook post. As with all your recipes I'd just change a few things. I'd skewer the shrimp and put those on the grates. I'd add onions with the shrooms, and I'd pull the steaks at 145°. Those are not criticisms just personal preferences for how I like my food. That said I'd never have gotten the idea w/o the video.
        Gman I'm looking forward to your twist on this cook. Get to cooking and posting bro.
        Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
        Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
        Yoder Wichita
        Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
        Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
        Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

You post some good looking food but never done the video thing till now. I watched this one and about ten others! Pretty neat deal, really appreciate the time and effort you put into documenting and cooking.

Steak looks awesome! It's on my "list" for sure.

Also here's one part number for a weber griddle. Looks like they have another size one too

"Weber 7542 Cast Iron Griddle"

Amazon link with info here

Comment

For those interested I posted the recipe page up on my site. Link is at the top as well as here. Just been too busy to finish this thread with all the details.

http://www.smokingpit.com/recipes/Al...Iron-Steak.htm

Rob
            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
            Yoder Wichita

Comment

for the title... didn't and won't look at the post out fear of incriminating my self....

Has anyone notice that crab is fricking expensive this year??? About twice a year in the past we could get large KC here at Albertsons for $7 to $8 /lb... major crab stuff fest at WALLE's house... went to buy some for Valentines day and it was $18.99 -

Walle - "When is this shit going to go on sale?"
              Albertson's emplyee - "IT IS!"

Alright... I'll look but I warn ya Wingerman.... I'm probably going to be pissed at you for a couple of days!!

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post
                for the title... didn't and won't look at the post out fear of incriminating my self....

Has anyone notice that crab is fricking expensive this year??? About twice a year in the past we could get large KC here at Albertsons for $7 to $8 /lb... major crab stuff fest at WALLE's house... went to buy some for Valentines day and it was $18.99 -

Alright... I'll look but I warn ya Wingerman.... I'm probably going to be pissed at you for a couple of days!!
                Nah... You will thank me and go buy your crab. you won't like the price but you need that crab.

Everything is getting way too expensive. I have been lacking on seafood cooks due to the cost involved. I may however, have a new sponsor as soon as the manager of a local fish store (Northern Fish Co.) gets the OK from the owners. Should here back next week. I'm hoping for product at cost in exchange for mentioning them when I do cook videos.

So if anyone hates the sponsor adds in my videos... It's the only way I can afford to do this hobby and stay afloat while keeping the site free to all.

Rob
                SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                Yoder Wichita

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                  I may however, have a new sponsor as soon as the manager of a local fish store (Northern Fish Co.) gets the OK from the owners. Should here back next week. I'm hoping for product at cost in exchange for mentioning them when I do cook videos.

So if anyone hates the sponsor adds in my videos... It's the only way I can afford to do this hobby and stay afloat while keeping the site free to all.
                  dont forget to mention you belong to a forum that if they pass on a good rate or have specials there may be a influx of orders from peeps here??? pretty sure they flash freeze the stuff, dry ice and insulated packages and can ship right to your door...

great thread, great pics, great vid... oh great lookin food too!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WALLE View Post

I know in Oregon & Washington where Dungeoness crab rules. Most of the shipment is going overseas to China. Drove the price of crab way up.
                    http://www.oregonlive.com/business/i...b_learn_t.html

Comment

Holy Shizzle Rob - that looks sooooooooooooo good! Have I mentioned how much I miss cooking?
                      Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
                      Weber Performer
                      Weber 22.5" OTG
                      Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
                      Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
                      Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
                      BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Seboke View Post
                        Holy Shizzle Rob - that looks sooooooooooooo good! Have I mentioned how much I miss cooking?
                        Well when you get back home you better get to cooking and posting pics.

Gman, Dungeness ln my opinion is the best. This cook was a short notice and I could not find what I was looking for. We have a local eatery called Harbor Lights owned by the Anthony's chain. They do fried dungenous and its the large oval meat out of the big claw only. OMG!

I decided to hold of and use the Alaskan King instead.

Rob
                        SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                        Yoder Wichita

Comment

Killer meal & video Crab Daddy
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't know if it gets any better than that Rob. Fantastic to say the least. for sure.
                            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                            X