Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progressive Smoke: 4th of July Brisket, Burnt Ends and a Pizza Fattie on the Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I was prepped and ready to throw on my 3 butts, then I would be up all night right there with you

That fattie looks gooooood
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

ooooohhh yea!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Trying to time this thing out... The Traeger is all cleaned up and ready to go. We have company tomorrow at 6pm. I am gonna be cookin at 225, and need 3 or so hours while the flat is coolered to cook the burnt ends. Thinking hopefully around 12 hours if I start at 1 a.m. would get me to 1pm, and give me 4-5 hours coolered to get the ends done. Decisions, decisions.... And damn it if I only have one beer left. Guess I'll be sleeping for a bit after I get the briskey on...
        Don

Humphrey's Pint
        Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
        Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
        Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
        Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
        Anova One Sous Vide
        AMPS
        Purple Thermapen
        Maverick ET-733
        DigIQ DX2
        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Sounds about right, just a shame that things can go quicker or take longer than expected cause meat has a cruel sense of timing but thinking the briskie should be good at or around the 12 hours mark @ 225.
          One beer left? Ain't that a bitch!
          No shots of some licka or no reefers?
          Could always chug some mouth wash or vanilla extract

How are you doing your BEnds?
          I always liked to smoke for an hour to an hour and a half extra then cube, little more seasoning then another hour or so then some sauce and about another hour
          Damn I love those things! BBQ at its finest right there

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
            Sounds about right, just a shame that things can go quicker or take longer than expected cause meat has a cruel sense of timing but thinking the briskie should be good at or around the 12 hours mark @ 225.
            One beer left? Ain't that a bitch!
            No shots of some licka or no reefers?
            Could always chug some mouth wash or vanilla extract

How are you doing your BEnds?
            I always liked to smoke for an hour to an hour and a half extra then cube, little more seasoning then another hour or so then some sauce and about another hour
            Damn I love those things! BBQ at its finest right there
            The reefers stopped when I met my wife. She hates it, so I do it on occasion and am sure to let her know first so I'm not accused of "hiding" anything. There is some wine in the kitchen and there are a couple cold vanilla Michelob bottles ($11 a piece) in the fridge that a friend brought over last week. Haven't had the balls to try em yet...they're 64 oz a piece. Maybe tonight is the night. I guess when I said 1 beer left, I meant one left in my 6 pack of IPA, and no bud or bud light to turn to when the good stuff is gone.

As far as the ends, I cube the point when the flat and point both reach 200 degrees. I add more rub, and a bit of brown sugar. I typically smoke it for 2 more hours then add bbq. I think I'm going to thin down the bbq sauce this time. I personally prefer nice and carmelized ends, but I'm gonna be serving a few people tomorrow, so I'll let them try them with a thinned down sauce.
            Don

Humphrey's Pint
            Anova One Sous Vide
            AMPS
            Purple Thermapen
            Maverick ET-733
            DigIQ DX2
            Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Chill a slice of that fatty for me. Dang... YUM!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Chill a slice of that fatty for me. Dang... YUM!
                If you think it'll be good after a week and a half, I'll be glad to!
                Don

Humphrey's Pint
                Anova One Sous Vide
                AMPS
                Purple Thermapen
                Maverick ET-733
                DigIQ DX2
                Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

64 oz beer? Damn! Just one of them and you will be good to go...but something that big ya gotta brown bag it
                  And good on ya about the reefers, lotta folks don't really dig it for one reason or another but to each their own.
                  Personally I'm a bit of a fan

Can't wait to see pics of the ends, sometimes I wonder why you can buy a flat all by its lonesome yet can't buy just a point
                  How awesome would it be to do a smoke with like 6-7 points?!?! Burnt ends for days!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                    64 oz beer? Damn! Just one of them and you will be good to go...but something that big ya gotta brown bag it
                    And good on ya about the reefers, lotta folks don't really dig it for one reason or another but to each their own.
                    Personally I'm a bit of a fan

Can't wait to see pics of the ends, sometimes I wonder why you can buy a flat all by its lonesome yet can't buy just a point
                    How awesome would it be to do a smoke with like 6-7 points?!?! Burnt ends for days!
                    Burnt ends for days = heaven. As for the reefers, I'm the biggest fan there is, but had to do it to get married. I smoked daily from 17 to 31, if that says anything........ Been with the wife almost 5 years, and now it typically happens while partying or at the golf course.
                    Last edited by tadowdaddy; 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM.
                    Don

Humphrey's Pint
                    Anova One Sous Vide
                    AMPS
                    Purple Thermapen
                    Maverick ET-733
                    DigIQ DX2
                    Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tadowdaddy View Post
                      course. I typically fail to mention it to her if I smoke while golfing............
                      I ain't giving ya strokes for this, ya know... just sayin'...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        I ain't giving ya strokes for this, ya know... just sayin'...
                        Heh... if it's "around" I ain't turnin it down..
                        Last edited by tadowdaddy; 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM.
                        Don

Humphrey's Pint
                        Anova One Sous Vide
                        AMPS
                        Purple Thermapen
                        Maverick ET-733
                        DigIQ DX2
                        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Injected this beast with a can of straight beef stock. Finished trimming her up, and she's going on now. Traeger was having issues getting up to temp, but that's now fixed. More pics coming soon!
                          By the way, the issues that were fixed were getting rid of the Oneida thermometer. The Traeger was reading 225, I put the Oneida in there and it read 170. Said F it, and put in the Maverick I usually use in me meat in the potato I have on the smoker. It was right on with the Traeger's Oratech probe. The Oneida just got thrown in the trash....
                          Last edited by tadowdaddy; 07-04-2012, 12:26 AM.
                          Don

Humphrey's Pint
                          Anova One Sous Vide
                          AMPS
                          Purple Thermapen
                          Maverick ET-733
                          DigIQ DX2
                          Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

or at the golf course. I typically fail to mention it to her if I smoke while golfing............
                            Don't golf myself but have a little in the past and I can definitely see how that would go hand in hand with some smoke

Looking forward to some tasty updated pics of the briskie going...

sigpic

Comment

6 hours in, the brisket is sitting at 165. Tried something different this time, fat side down to start, then flipped it a few times through the night. Just foiled with a Worshy and apple juice mixture. Will post the pics in a few hours. Gonna go lay down for a bit.
                              Don

Humphrey's Pint
                              Anova One Sous Vide
                              AMPS
                              Purple Thermapen
                              Maverick ET-733
                              DigIQ DX2
                              Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

If you think it'll be good after a week and a half, I'll be glad to!
                                Well...I guess that would need freezing...ahhh never mind. Perhaps I'll roll one myself. Think I got everything here...

See ya after the nap. :{)

Comment

Working...
                                X