Testers wanted - Test & Evaluation of the Pork N' Pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
    Great idea to test here Rob IMO..... Personally, I pull em by hand, as tedious as it is, you can get all the crap/fat out a lot better IMO. I have tried Bear Paws a few times mixing everything up and breaking it down (butts) butt then you gotta sort through all that's been mixed and get all the crap/fat oot. At least that's what I do. If you don't mind the fat and other stuff in your PP, looks like a good idea
    X2
    sigpic
    New Braunfels Bandera
    New Braunfels Hondo
    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
    1-26" Weber Kettle
    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Great idea to test here Rob IMO..... Personally, I pull em by hand, as tedious as it is, you can get all the crap/fat out a lot better IMO. I have tried Bear Paws a few times mixing everything up and breaking it down (butts) butt then you gotta sort through all thats been mixed and get all the crap/fat oot. At least that's what I do. If you don't mind the fat and other stuff in your PP, looks like a good idea

Thanks for the offer Rob

Looking forward to see what folks think of it.
      X3... I prefer the hand job method...

Gotta get all that fat and junk oot of the mix! Thanks for the offer Rob!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I don't do enough Pork Butts to be much help to you, Rob.

However "Great Video"----Cute too!
        There was Pork being pulled?? Missed that.

Bear
        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I have both a 6Qt (Pro 600) and a 4.5Qt Classic Kitchenaid, I'll give it a go it you still lookin. I would prefer to use the 6QT, gots mo Azz!
          My freezer supply startin to get low, so but time to fire up a few.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Oh hell I knew I should have put a patent on that years ago. Been using the useless dough hooks on my Hamilton Beach mixer for years. Just bend them out and away you go. I still prefer to get right in there and pull with my hands. You have to get rid of the fat anyways so you might as well save yourself a step.

PBC Drum Smoker
            Bradley Digital 4 Rack
            THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
            Miss Piggy Smoker
            Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

We have an older Sunbeam hand mixer.... like Marty said, it didn't fit. Honestly I would like this for chicken more than the pulled pork, that is what I was hoping to do with it. Looking forward to hearing some results from the members here!!
              Where to Shop -
              www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
              https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Originally posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
                We have an older Sunbeam hand mixer.... like Marty said, it didn't fit. Honestly I would like this for chicken more than the pulled pork, that is what I was hoping to do with it. Looking forward to hearing some results from the members here!!
                Great idea! Chicken never crossed my mind.... Imagine that
                sigpic

Comment

My mixer is on the list. I'll give it a whirl

Comment

If one does the "split butt" method I'd recommend this. If not...there's a bunch of crap in your PP you do not want there. It HAS to be cleaned out. I did not watch the vid to see if they do.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      If one does the "split butt" method I'd recommend this. If not...there's a bunch of crap in your PP you do not want there. It HAS to be cleaned out. I did not watch the vid to see if they do.
                      The first one looked like a pork loin ........
                      sigpic

Comment

The first one looked like a pork loin ........
                        OK.there ya go..wanna pulla loin? More power!
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Bummer the wife just told me she burned up our old hand mixer.

I will be asking at dinner today if anyone has one they are not using any more.

Comment

Pork N Pull

It does indeed work on chicken as well. Ive done whole round roast with it too. With the pork butt or shoulder I just use my gloves to scrape the fat and throw the larger chunks in a large pot. I do about 4-5 pounds at time. I smoked 18 pounds (two butts) last weekend and did it all in under five minutes including trim time.
                            Last edited by giuboy; 04-05-2015, 07:16 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Im gonna print the list out and see if I can find a mixer

Comment

Originally posted by giuboy View Post
                                It does indeed work on chicken as well. Ive done whole round roast with it too. With the pork butt or shoulder I just use my gloves to scrape the fat and throw the larger chunks in a large pot. I do about 4-5 pounds at time. I smoked 18 pounds (two butts) last weekend and did it all in under five minutes including trim time.
                                Ahhh...so a cleaning before blitzing is recommended...

Ya know Rob... if I can get on the list I'll give the set-up a "whirl"

Comment

Working...
                                X