Steak Bites.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steak Bites.....

I made these bad boys up last night as the kids were inbound late from the airport. I also wanted to see how they tasted. Holy Hell are they good if you like Asian food and beef.

You can use skirt or flank steak for this which I think would work best. I used a 1.4# skirt steak:

Just slice it up into bite size pieces to suit your tastes.

I also made up some simple marinade, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 TBL of honey, 1 TBL of chili paste.

I mix the two together and let it sit for 30-60 minutes. I went 60.

Then, I broke out the carbon steel pan and went to work. No reason CI wouldn't work but the carbon steel was easier to keep clean during the process using a spatula. I added 1 TBL of olive oil and set to med heat.

I did 1/3 of the meat at a time so I could get a good char on all the pieces.

Didn't take long to finish it all and it holds a Ton of flavor. I kept the meat med rare or at least tried to. With the flavor, some of the fat from the skirt steak, it was excellent.

We just ate them as bites. Would be great with some rice and some grilled veggies as well. I also think this would be an excellent appetizer for any party along with a bunch of toothpicks.

Thanks for looking and give them a shot.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Skirt steak is awesome, there's no other cut quite like it. They also take marinades exceptionally well.

Looks great Pete.

Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

That looks Awesome Pete!!---

I could snack on those little guys until it's time to lick the plate!!

Nice Job!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Oh I'd put a hurting on them! Some of my favorite cow parts right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
          I made these bad boys up last night as the kids were inbound late from the airport. I also wanted to see how they tasted. Holy Hell are they good if you like Asian food and beef.

You can use skirt or flank steak for this which I think would work best. I used a 1.4# skirt steak:

Just slice it up into bite size pieces to suit your tastes.

I also made up some simple marinade, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 TBL of honey, 1 TBL of chili paste.

I mix the two together and let it sit for 30-60 minutes. I went 60.

Then, I broke out the carbon steel pan and went to work. No reason CI wouldn't work but the carbon steel was easier to keep clean during the process using a spatula. I added 1 TBL of olive oil and set to med heat.

I did 1/3 of the meat at a time so I could get a good char on all the pieces.

Didn't take long to finish it all and it holds a Ton of flavor. I kept the meat med rare or at least tried to. With the flavor, some of the fat from the skirt steak, it was excellent.

We just ate them as bites. Would be great with some rice and some grilled veggies as well. I also think this would be an excellent appetizer for any party along with a bunch of toothpicks.

Thanks for looking and give them a shot.
          Oh man, that makes my mouth water for sure.
          sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
          American Legion Riders
          Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Oh yeah... skirt steak has almost dried up around here... kinda like tri tip in some parts of the form.... Love that version.... Im back on my quest to find it........
            Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
            Yoder YS640
            Weber Genesis
            Weber 18.5" Kettle
            Weber Performer
            Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Hell yes I could graze on that all day long...Better fix some more
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

looks great. this is a nice sauce my wife came up with. good flavor without being too salty like most commercial brands. It keeps well in the fridge. we just use an old BBQ sauce bottle.

Teriyaki sauce
                ¼ cup soy sauce
                1 cup water
                ½ teaspoon ground ginger
                ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
                5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
                1 -2 tablespoon honey
                2 tablespoons cornstarch
                ¼ cup cold water

Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
                Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
                Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
                Add water to thin if you over-thick it

I like it better with Asian Five spice than ginger. It seems to make it have a more savory flavor. but each to his own...
                sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Dang Pete! You just keep coming up with these delightful dishes!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

wow - now that looks mighty good
                    ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

i like that!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
                        Oh yeah... skirt steak has almost dried up around here... kinda like tri tip in some parts of the form.... Love that version.... Im back on my quest to find it........
                        Great job, Pete! I'm in the same boat as Brian...not many places sell skirt steak. But we do have a Lucky's and they sell it every now and then. Going to have to pick up some next time I see it!
                        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                        Pink Thermapen
                        Purple Thermapen

Comment

A wonderful snackage of bovinage right there!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Like that! Nice
                            sigpic

Comment

So I walk into Smith's today and they have Flank on sale! Guess what I picked up?

Comment

Working...
                              X