Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The very first step of what will be many more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a pic outside and see if it's better. Betcha it is.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Here is the prime. Just took it out of fridge early this morning to let it begin to come to room temperature. I hope it does before I do! The G Spot garage had a rather exciting tailgate party for the Vikings pre-season game last night. I'm not even a Vikings fan

Anyhoo I don't do much to prime rib. Season is all. On one I will use a blend I get from the Spice house called English Prime Rib Rub. Very good stuff.

On the other I will use just cracked black pepper and Maldons Smoked Sea Salt also from the Spice House.
      Simple is good with prime.
      Fire up the stick burner in a couple of hours.
      This is about 14lbs. of prime.

Here's the turkey breast. This was last night just before putting it in the brine. Just took it out of the brine rinsed it off and back in the fridge until it's ready to hit the smoker. About 9lbs.

Looks like about 20 people will come for some G Spot BBQ today. Hope I hit the spot.
      G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Nice looking meat there, what was your address again?
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Anticipation....... Looking forward to it all!!!
          Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
          Weber Performer
          Weber 22.5" OTG
          Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
          Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
          Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
          BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
            Carpal tunnel??? Well I should come up and help ya then.
            The brine sounds off the hook good. Can't wait to see this after everything is done......
            Could use the help. Dinner about 5. You should be able to make it here by then!

Comment

that's a great looking brine recipe.

You know, if that had been me I think I'd have thrown a rack or two of the ribs in with the turkey.
              Probably sacrilege - but damn it's got to be worth a try :-)
              Brining your ribs - can't be as bad as boiling them

Everything looking good so far
              Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-14-2011, 12:27 PM.
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I'm guessing you are in Minnesota. Checking the "last minute deals" now to fly over there.
                Save a plate!

Comment

Originally posted by Kubota View Post
                  I'm guessing you are in Minnesota. Checking the "last minute deals" now to fly over there.
                  Save a plate!
                  Everyone is is welcome if you can make it in time and fight your way to the table . Got about a dozen folks here already and about another dozen on the way from what I'm hearing. Smoke is going good. Turkey at about 130 internal, prime at about 95. Still aways to go. Got more pics in the camera but no time to upload and post them at the moment.

Beer and weather are just perfect! Looks like another epic day at the G Spot Garage And BBQ!

Comment

Well the smoke was a big success yeaterday. As I expected as the day went on I found less time for picture taking but I did get some shots just so you know it actually did happen!

The star of the show. Prime rib. Letting it come to room temp before seasoning and hitting the smoker.

Everybody is all seasoned up and ready to go!

On the smoker.

Almost done. One roast was already resting. I pulled them at about 125.

At this point things were getting quite busy. This is as close to the money shot I could get.

Warming my braised pearl onions and sauteeing shrooms on top of the fire box.

We played a little Jenga!

Thats my daughter center and one of my sons to her right.

All in all another success story for G Spot BBQ. I had lots of help due to I still can't do alot with my left hand due to my carpal tunnel surgery a few weeks ago.

Weather was great and a few beers were drank I beleive!

Comment

Great lookin smokes!! Love that jenga game. Thats awesome!!
                      Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Working...
                      X