This is a new one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a new one...

Put a 4 to 5 lb chuckie on the smoker at 10am along with a turkey breast. In just over an hour the chuckie went ffrom 48 degree internal to 108
    Never seen a temp rise that quickly before. The smoker was running at about 275. Thought my Maverick probe bit the dust so i opened up the smoker and back checked it against my Thermapen. Within about 1 degree

I'm probably in for about a 7 hour stall at 150
    G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Heh... all things being equal... probably! If yer taking the chuck to pull..no worries, but as a PSA- REMEMBER poultry on the bottom rack!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Heh... all things being equal... probably! If yer taking the chuck to pull..no worries, but as a PSA- REMEMBER poultry on the bottom rack!
      Thanks for the reminder Ritchee. Pretty light load in the stick burner today. They are side by side.

Comment

Hmm don't know what went wrong. My Maverick probe did crap out about a half hour later. Put all H's on the display. I went to the thermapen. I panned and covered it about 165. Let it go in the smoker until 205 a little better actually closer to 208. I checked it in several places with the thermapen.

Rested it in a cooler for a good hour and half maybe two. Took it out of the cooler and it pulled like a b#@%! Alot of fatty pieces didn't break down.
        This is only my second chuckie I think but I treat them like a pork butt in terms of temps.
        Going to check my thermapen with ice water and boiling water.

Comment

Working...
        X