Beef Spare Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Spare Ribs

Picked up a pack at the store this morning but not sure how to cook them. Do you cook them same as pork spares?
    The pack I picked up only contains about 5 rib bones.
    Stumps Baby
    Bubba Keg Convection Grill
    Digi Q
    Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
    Custom end grain cutting board
    Superfast Yellow Thermapen
    18 " Smoke Vault
    12" AMNTS
    AMNPS
    Newbie beer brewer

Originally posted by 44 bbq View Post
    Picked up a pack at the store this morning but not sure how to cook them. Do you cook them same as pork spares?
    The pack I picked up only contains about 5 rib bones.
    I have always cooked them based on 3-2-1 or a little more time on the 3 or 1 ends. They are usually really fatty, and for me at least, warrant extended times to render off fat. I did catch an electric smoker on fire while cooking them a few years back lol.... Kinda had mixed results with them personally, but done right they are very good IMO. Good Luck.
    sigpic

Comment

Beef wibs I cook like brisket. 225° for forever, prolly 7 hours till I get an IT of 190-200°. Funny, I really never check the IT of pork ribs. I go them by touch, but I can't do that with beef wibs! Loves them Dino's though.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Thanks for the info. If they take that long,maybe I'll freeze them and cook them next weekend.
        Stumps Baby
        Bubba Keg Convection Grill
        Digi Q
        Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
        Custom end grain cutting board
        Superfast Yellow Thermapen
        18 " Smoke Vault
        12" AMNTS
        AMNPS
        Newbie beer brewer

Comment

If ya don't go low and slow they are real chewy.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            If ya don't go low and slow they are real chewy.
            Yup, what he said... that's what I do, 'cept me temps are usually 240-250ish. I prep them by removing the membrane, sprinkle them with Mad Hunky or Magic Dust, and let them sit for a few hours in the fridge... overnight works too. With beef, I like to use hickory, but also have taken a liking to pecan with beef. Your choice. While cooking, squirt them with a mix of apple juice and worchy. Right before they're done, spread your favorite BBQ sauce on them.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Cook at 275-300 for about 3hrs and start checking for done-ness.

Comment

Working...
              X