No announcement yet.

Pulled beef and pulled pork for 100...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled beef and pulled pork for 100...

Cooking for a friends 40th wedding anniversary on June 1st. All I'm providing is the meat. All sides and condiments are being provided by the family. Because the pulled meats are a long cook I'm doing the cooking Memorial day and then freezing the meat to serve on the 1st.

I was at the Resteraunt Depot and bought 58lbs of chuck roll for the beef and about 70lbs of bone in pork butt.
    Going to be very difficult to judge how much will be needed. The group will be mixed between male and female, young and old. I am going to set up the food warmer with 1/2 pans. Beef in one pork in the other. And refill as needed from meat that is staying warm in the smoker.

People will be serving themselves so I am not controlling portions.
    So I'm thinking maybe 40lbs of beef and 50lbs of pork butt?
    G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Originally posted by 3montes View Post
    Cooking for a friends 40th wedding anniversary on June 1st. All I'm providing is the meat. All sides and condiments are being provided by the family. Because the pulled meats are a long cook I'm doing the cooking Memorial day and then freezing the meat to serve on the 1st.

I was at the Resteraunt Depot and bought 58lbs of chuck roll for the beef and about 70lbs of bone in pork butt.
    Going to be very difficult to judge how much will be needed. The group will be mixed between male and female, young and old. I am going to set up the food warmer with 1/2 pans. Beef in one pork in the other. And refill as needed from meat that is staying warm in the smoker.

People will be serving themselves so I am not controlling portions.
    So I'm thinking maybe 40lbs of beef and 50lbs of pork butt?
    I gotta think that would be adequate. It's always difficult with a couple meats...could be a run on one... eh..it is what it is.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

wow, what a huge cook
      Steve

Comment

You'll have way more than enough, especially if there are several sides like tater and mac salad, beans, rolls, etc. I usually figger about a half lb of meat per person when you have a mix of guests like you described.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I always figure 4-6 oz pre person. I have never run short. When you are figuring the butts You will loose 30% weight to fat rendering. But I figure you already had that covered. Looking forward to the pics.
          Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Working...
          X