Roasted /Smoked Cornish Game Hens in the Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasted /Smoked Cornish Game Hens in the Traeger

Three nice looking Cornish Game Hens taking their last bath before tomorrow’s Sunday Family dinner.

After an overnight brine they go into the outside fridge to air dry for about six hours.

Birds are stuff ed with herbs, onion, garlic, seasoned and buttered. I put a beer, apple juice and herbs in the bottom of the pan. The butter makes for a crispy skin per Julia Child and she is right.

Smoker/Grill is at a little over 400 degrees so time to light the Smoke Daddy for a little smoke.

Nice clean smoke coming out which indicates the Smoke Daddy is doing it job.

In go the Hens and turn down the temperature to 350 degrees.

Twenty minutes later it is time to baste.

My wife almost has the sunroom table ready.

One hour total time and these Hens look done to me. Checked the temperature in the breast and thigh and all was good to go.

Hens split and platter for serving.
    sigpic

Wow. Beautiful sunroom... If we had sun I'd build one like that LOL! Nice work on the boids there eh!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I'm ready for some cornish. Good looking birds.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Great looking hens!, I have only roasted/baked them in the oven..... Guess I need to get on this ..... Love that Sunroom also..... like Rich, all I can get is a Rainroom.....
        sigpic

Comment

Some good lookin chickies.
          “Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist. Children already know that monsters exist.
          Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed.”
          - G. K. Chesterton

Char Griller 7474(w/SFB), UDS, WSJ Mini-drum conversion, MES 30

Comment

nice lookin birds!
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Nice looking birds for sure. I have got to try them in the smoker too.
              Scarbelly

Comment

Fabulous looking birds! Everything sounds perfect Cool pose in the 'cuzzi. I got a chuckle out of that
                Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Nice yob on de boids! I like da swim shot also.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                  X